Operations Specialist - Technical, Incident & Service Request 8/29/2019
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Responsibilities
Deltek is actively seeking to hire an Operations Specialist to join our growing team. This position reports to our Senior Manager of Cloud Operation, and is offered on a fully remote basis. As a generalist in this role, you will gain experience with Amazon Web Services in an enterprise environment and working with an international team. You will be responsible for:
* Installation and configuration of Deltek Maconomy and third-party software on an Amazon Web Services platform to deliver customer systems.
* Delivering regular server maintenance and software upgrades including application service packs, and maintenance patching. Performing ad-hoc updates and hot fixes to address urgent requirements and vulnerabilities. Always with a focus on minimal system down-time.
* Execute database management and tuning activities.
* Managing cloud server deployments including promotion processes, data transfers, image management, backup & restore and high availability and disaster recovery.
* Monitor system stability and performance and ensure system availability, reliability, and usability.
* Performing system smoke testing exercises to ensure system and application availability.
* Defining and documenting system architectures, systems configurations, and technical operational processes and policies.
* Defining and documenting internal operational process improvements.
* Assist with the creation and maintenance of documentation for all processes, adhering to Deltek best practices.
* Create and implement monitoring, procedures, tools and standards related to operational process and system/application security.
* Assist in the provision of advanced solution design including server and disk space provisioning.
* Leveraging of software development life cycle experience to anticipate changes required in technical custom designs and configurations.
* Taking ownership of service requests and incidents, through to successful resolution. Ensuring that they correctly processed, assessing business and technical impact and severity.
* Ownership of, or contribution to, high-priority incidents where necessary. High-priority incidents may require out-of-hours work.
* Work and liaise with internal cloud teams and vendors through to resolution.
* Working with clients and Deltek team members to understand and document client specific application-supported modifications.
* Working with all internal Deltek departments to assess, triage and resolve customer help desk incidents related to the Deltek Maconomy ERP software.
* Educated to B.A./BSc. Level or possess equivalent work experience - Technical or product knowledge comparable to a 4 year degree in a related discipline.
* Should possess 2+ years of industry experience working with complex IT infrastructures, including but not limited to Cloud platforms.
* 2+ years of supporting enterprise customer-facing computing platforms and systems - ERP system experience highly desirable.
* Maconomy ERP experience or experience with Deltek products is desired, but not required.
* In the absence of Maconomy ERP experience, the candidate should have other relevant technical ERP support experience in a project costing product - for example e.g. SAP, Oracle Financials, PeopleSoft, NetSuite.
* SAP Business Objects familiarity preferred.
* Experience with public cloud providers - AWS preferred.
* Diverse range of technical and operational interests and capabilities, including Oracle DB, Microsoft SQL Server (incl. SQL Scripting & data functions), virtualization, monitoring, automation technologies, Linux.
* Understanding of high availability and disaster recovery strategies.
* Experience in using and working within incident ticketing systems is essential.
* Experience with enterprise monitoring and management tools.
* Must be detail oriented, task driven, and have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Customer service focus is key.
* The candidate should be inquisitive and resourceful.
* Flexible attitude, able to perform under pressure and proven ability to quickly pick up new technologies.
* Passionate about technology and solving IT operations-focused problems.
* Ability to work effectively with staff, peers, and others in and outside the organization to accomplish goals, objectives and to identify and resolve problems.
* Solid communication skills and fluent in both written and oral English is essential.
* Ability to effectively communicate in writing and verbally with a very diverse client base, particularly to a senior level audience.
* Candidates must be willing to work on different work schedules (day/mid/night) and weekends/holidays.
* Must be able to work weekends and holidays as required - Deltek Cloud Ops is a 24/7/365 operation, and as such maintenance periods are typically over weekends.
Better software means better projects. Deltek is the leading global provider of enterprise software and information solutions for professional services, management and IT consulting, architecture and engineering, marketing and advertising agencies, government contractors and other project-based businesses. More than 23,000 organizations and millions of users in over 80 countries around the world rely on Deltek for superior levels of project intelligence, management and collaboration to research and identify opportunities, win new business, recruit and develop talent, optimize resources and streamline operations. Our industry-focused expertise powers project success by helping firms achieve performance that maximizes productivity and revenue.
For more information, visit www.deltek.com.
Deltek, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.