Operator, Heavy Equipment-1 6/5/2020
Lhoist North America
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Drill operators responsibility is to measure and mark the drill pattern for the area to be drilled. Holes need to be drilled to correct depth and to the correct spacing and burden. Drill operator is responsible for collecting drill samples periodically on drilled areas and following the mine plan.
RESPONSIBILITIES, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS:
* INSPECT AREA FOR LOOSE ROCK WHERE DRILL IS TO BE POSITIONED. DO NOT POSITION DRILL IN HIGH RISK AREAS. REPORT HIGH RISK CONDITIONS TO YOUR SUPERVISOR AND POSITION THE DRILL OUTSIDE THE HIGH RISK AREA.
* ATTEND AND PARTICIPATE IN ALL SAFETY MEETINGS.
* COMPLY WITH AND ENFORCE ALL COMPANY, LOCAL, STATE, AND FEDERAL SAFETY POLICIES AND PROCEDURES.
* CHECK STEPS TO CAB TO INSURE THEY ARE FREE OF FOREIGN MATERIAL AND OPERATING AS DESIGNED.
* REPORT ANY UNSAFE CONDITIONS TO YOUR SUPERVISOR IMMEDIATELY.
* LOOK AFTER THE HEALTH AND SAFETY OF OTHER TEAM MEMBERS.
* DEMONSTRATE PRO-ACTIVE SAFETY BEHAVIORS BY CONTINUALLY LOOKING FOR, IDENTIFYING, AND ADDRESSING HAZARDS.
* RESPONSIBLE FOR PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE, MINOR REPAIRS AND SERVICE ON EQUIPMENT
* PERFORM RELATED AND NON-RELATED WORK AND CLEAN-UP DUTIES AS ASSIGNED BY MANAGEMENT
* FUEL EQUIPMENT AS NEEDED AND PROPERLY LOG ALL FUEL REQUIRED
Quality of Work
* ALWAYS WALK AROUND EQUIPMENT INSPECTING FOR DAMAGED OR LOOSE PARTS.
* FOLLOW PRE-SHIFT INSPECTION CHECKLIST (ANY PROBLEMS WITH LIGHTS, HORNS, BRAKES, OR BACKUP ALARM REQUIRES MAINTENANCE BEFORE OPERATION).
* CHECK SERVICE BRAKES BY ROLLING FORWARD AND APPLYING BRAKES (CHECK CLEARANCES AROUND DRILL BEFORE PERFORMING THIS CHECK).
* INDICATE ON EQUIPMENT INSPECTION SHEET ANY PROBLEMS WITH THE DRILL (NOTE ANY OIL LEAKS).
* LUBRICATE DRILL ONCE A WEEK.
* TRAVEL IN/OUT OF THE QUARRY AT A CONTROLLABLE RATE OF SPEED BASED ON ROAD AND MINE CONDITIONS.
* BEFORE ANY WORK IS STARTED IN THE DESIGNATED AREA, INSPECT TO ENSURE THERE IS NO LOOSE ROCK OR OTHER HAZARDS ARE PRESENT THAT REQUIRE ATTENTION.
* IF THE AREA THAT IS MARKED FOR DRILLING, ENSURE THE AREA WHERE THE LIFTERS ARE TO BE PLACED IS CLEAN OF ROCK AND A LEVEL SURFACE. THIS WILL LESSEN THE CHANCE THAT LIFTERS WILL NEED TO BE DRILLED OVER ROCK BECAUSE OF AN UNEVEN FLOOR.
* MAINTAIN ADEQUATE SUPPLY OF STEEL TO OPERATE ON SHIFT.
* BEFORE ANY WORK IS STARTED INSPECT FOR HAZARDS. LOOK FOR LOOSE ROCK AND INSPECT THE AREA AND ANY CLOSE EDGES FOR LOOSE ROCK THAT COULD BE A HAZARD DURING DRILLING.
* ASSIST MAINTENANCE TEAM AS DIRECTED
* PROVIDE AND VERIFY ON THE JOB TRAINING AS ASSIGNED.
* PROVIDE BACK UP TO OTHER DRILL OPERATORS AND MINERS AS NEEDED.
* KEEP OPERATORS COMPARTMENT IN A CLEAN AND ORDERLY FASHION.
* KEEP ALL WORK AREAS CLEAN.
* ASSIST IN KEEPING THE BREAK ROOM CLEAN.
* DISPOSE OF ALL TRASH INTO PROPER CONTAINERS.
* Ability to consistently meet the production goals as set forth in the budget.
* Must be willing to objectively evaluate new and modified procedures in an effort to optimize: safety, quality, and productivity.
* Must be willing to actively participate in problem soling discussions to establish root causes and improved methods.
* Must be able to manage personal affairs to minimize attendance and tardiness.
* Must be able and willing to occasionally work overtime.
* Must be able to learn and demonstrate the proper operation of multiple pieces of equipment and effectively teach others the proper operation of equipment and best mining practices
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: 1 Year minimum Experience
REQUIRED EDUCATION: High School Diploma / GED
For this position, being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment.
Lhoist North America offers a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K, and vacation. LNA also supports employee work-life balance with telecommuting and compressed workweek options for many positions.
Lhoist North America is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.