Operator II (2065)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2019
END DATE 9/4/2019
ENGIE North America Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAt ENGIE North America, innovation and excellence create a platform for growth. We have a range of businesses in the United States and Canada, including clean power generation, cogeneration, and energy storage, retail energy sales, and comprehensive services to help customers run their facilities more efficiently and optimize energy and other resource use and expense. Nearly 100 percent of our power generation portfolio is low carbon or renewable. Globally, ENGIE is the largest independent power producer and energy efficiency services provider in the world, with operations in 70 countries employing 150,000 people, including 1,000 researchers in 11 R&D centers.
We are looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future.
The Job: Operator II
Responsible for carrying out the duties assigned by the Unit Supervisor, Operations Supervisor or Plant Manager to ensure safe, proper and efficient plant operation of power generation equipment including but not limited to the following, turbine generators, steam boilers, pumps, air compressors, conveyor belt systems, fans, electric motors, ash conveying system, mobile equipment and other equipment.
Pinetree Power - Fitchburg / Westminster, MA
Essential Job Functions
* Responsible for the safe, proper and efficient operation of all machinery and related equipment as directed by the Unit Supervisor.
* Responsible for reporting and keeping the appropriate personnel informed by communicating verbally and in writing all pertinent information amongst the shift, between shifts, production support personnel and management personnel.
* Understand the operation of each piece of plant equipment.
* Know the normal operating condition of each piece of plant equipment.
* Be aware of the present operating condition of each piece of plant equipment. Perform hourly rounds and other rounds schedules as outlined in shift procedures. Record and ensure that plant-operating logs are kept current and accurate.
* Perform necessary tasks for the removal of bottom ash.
* Responsible for knowing Site Safety Manual and following all safety procedures and reporting any unsafe condition or act to the Unit Supervisor.
* Responsible for knowing and following all site environmental procedures and reporting any environmental conditions or irregularities to the Unit Supervisor.
* Responsible for knowing and following the Operations and Procedures Manual, the Casualty Procedures Manual and any updates or revisions to these manuals.
* Responsible for performing maintenance corrective action of any abnormal operating condition to rectify the problem if it is within the ability to be performed safely and properly.
* Understand the operation and normal operating conditions of all fuel unloading, processing and conveying equipment.
* Responsible for performing assigned maintenance tasks as directed by the Unit Supervisor or Operations Supervisor.
* Perform regular and routine testing & treatment of boiler water and cooling system water as directed.
* Responsible for vacation/emergency relief as defined by the Emergency Shift Coverage schedule. This schedule may require coverage of the Auxiliary Operator position. Also, may be required to work overtime as deemed necessary by the Unit Supervisor, Operations Supervisor or Plant Manager.
* Responsible for routinely attending and completing all required training programs.
* Responsible for maintaining a positive attitude, professional, respectful and courteous behavior, motivation, initiative, cooperation and participation.
* Acts as a team member with all employees of Engie staff.
* Complies with all Engies policies and procedures.
* Must be available for duty when necessary.
* Acts as a team member with all employees of Engie staff. Complies with all Engies policies and procedures.
* Position will be assigned further responsibilities including, but not limited to, certain maintenance/housekeeping and administrative tasks deemed appropriate by the Unit Supervisor, Operations Supervisor or Plant Manager.
* Carries out other duties as assigned.
* Required to have a valid driver's license.
* Required to have a home/personal telephone.
* Required to work a varied/rotating schedule including nights and weekends.
* Required to be on call as needed/deemed necessary by Supervisor.
* Required to provide relief and support in other job classifications including but not limited to Maintenance or Operations.
* Must be able to personally respond to plant emergencies.
* Must have demonstrated ability to communicate effectively. Verbal and non-verbal, i.e., formal reports. Communication skills are essential.
* Must be able to operate a computer terminal (or have the capability of learning), calculator, etc. Must be physically capable to hear and understand audible alarms, detect changes in noise levels of rotating equipment and portable radio communication.
* Capable of frequently standing, walking, balancing, sitting, climbing (ladders, stairs, ramps, catwalks, stacks and the like as required), stooping, squatting, crouching, crawling, kneeling, reaching, grasping, pushing, pulling, lifting (min. 50lbs), feeling, talking and hearing.
* Capable of performing repetitive motions as required.
* Required to have eyesight corrected at 20/40 to accurately read and interpret such as but not limited to instruments, gauges, and manuals.
* Must be physically capable of entering and working in a confined space (crawl spaces, shafts, small enclosed areas, pipes and the like) as required.
* Must be physically capable of performing demanding work at various heights and in adverse conditions during operations, shutdowns, and in fire/emergency activities,
* Must be physically capable of wearing protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to half and full-face respirators, fall protection equipment, hardhat, safety shoes, safety glasses etc.
* Ability to pass a respirator physical and respirator fit test (if applicable). Ability to meet highest attendance requirements.
Essential Physical Abilities
* Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
* Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
* Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy.
* Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc.
* Could involve some lifting.
* Must possess a current Massachusetts 2nd or 1st class Fireman's License
* Associates degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school, or
* Four (4) years related experience and/or training, licenses, endorsements, or
* An equivalent combination of education and experience.
* In-depth knowledge of the following: power generation, power generation equipment and technology.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
For this role you must have authorization to work in the United States. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or expression, genetic information or any