Operator Tech 2 --Urgent Need -- 3rd Shift
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 7/7/2020
END DATE 8/3/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONCheck-Mate Manufacturing LLC located in Thomasville, GA is a subsidiary of Check-Mate Industries based in West Babylon, New York. Over the past 40 years, Check-Mate has proven to be the winning move for hundreds of customers in a diverse range of industries. The company has been recognized as an innovator and leader in tool & die, stamping and assembly. Whether producing high-precision tools and progressive dies, stamping, or assemblies for everything from healthcare to personal security products, CHECK-MATE OUT-THINKS, OUT-MANEUVERS, AND OUT-PERFORMSits competition.
FABRICATION TECH 2, SANDING
CHECK-MATE MANUFACTURING HAS AN IMMEDIATE OPENINGS ON 3RD SHIFT FOR FABRICATION TECH 2, SANDING OPERATORS.
PAY: 3RD SHIFT ($16.80/HR.)
The Fabrication Tech 2, Sander is responsible for all aspects in the sanding of metal parts to ensure that customer specifications are met and a high standard of quality is achieved. The Technician 2 must operate, set-up and troubleshoot the manual and robotic sanders. Works with Engineering, Maintenance and other team members to receives proper engineer and maintenance support.
POSITION SUMMARY: * Tech 2 Operators operate and troubleshoot the robotic or manual sander observing OSHA Safety and Health Standards.
* Tech 2 Operators sets up, parts in parts out, inspection and pack out parts on the robotic and manual sanders.
* Tech 2 Operators operate the robotic and manual sanders by understanding the work cell layout (Fanuc Teach Pendants, Chutes, Belt heads, dust collector, exit conveyors and air prep unit).
* Tech 2 Operators work with maintenance to understand proper lock-out/tag-out, E-Stop and other safety features of the robotic or manual sander.
* Tech 2 Operators works with maintenance on the maintenance for the machine and PM s (Preventative Maintenance).
* Tech 2 Operators work with engineering on set-up, faults and down-time issues.
* Tech 2 Operators understand and demonstrates fundamentals of machine operation, fault recovery, work cell entry, exit and powering up/down.
* Tech 2 Operators understand and demonstrates machine specific tasks such as grinding media change, contact wheel change, open-end wrench, idler wheel change and spanner wrench.
* Tech 2 Operators exercise technical knowledge to troubleshoot the robotic and manual sander by understanding machine faults.
* Tech 2 Operators perform visual Inspection of magazine tubes for defects (dents, dings, discolorations) and cosmetic issues.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: * H.S. diploma or GED from an accredited institution of higher learning
* 3-5 years of manufacturing/inspection experience, preferably in a metal stamping environment
* 3-5 years operating robotic equipment
* Basic problem-solving, critical thinking and organizational skills
* Must be detailed oriented and strong basic mathematical knowledge
* Strong interpersonal and team skills
* Utilizes Micrometers and calipers if necessary, to ensure that manufactured parts are meeting quality standards and customer specifications.
* Performs 6S to ensure that area is clean and organized.
BENEFITS: * Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short-term and long-term disability
* 12 days of Paid Time Off ; Weekly pay
* 401k after 1st yr/100% match on 3%
* Training and Development opportunities
Powered by JazzHR