Optical NCC Tier II Technician 11/15/2019
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY COMPANY DESCRIPTION
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The Optical NCC Tier II Technician is responsible for the surveillance and maintenance of core network facilities and associated hardware.
* Suspends any network activity that places the network at risk.
* Identifies network troubles and opens trouble tickets for resolution; upon completion, closes tickets.
* Runs tests, checks processes, and assists with repair coordination activities.
* Tracks trouble resolutions; provides ticket updates and other information to customers.
* Initiates escalation process to appropriate support group.
* Coordinates with technicians and dispatches field technicians to provide maintenance/repairs and service.
* Performs remote testing, coordinates off-net testing, and performs escalations.
* Interacts with customers; attends customer meetings, and maintains knowledge of customer needs.
* Assists in quality control, performance/process improvement measurement.
* Provides front-line support on customer support calls.
* May provide failure coordination efforts to ensure/or restore service.
* May perform CLR reconciliation and schedules validation.
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* 2+ years related technical experience.
* Keen attention to detail.
* Ability to multitask in a deadline drive environment.
* Ability to adapt in an ever changing environment.
* Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
* Experience with G Suite as well as Salesforce considered a plus.
* Competitive compensation
* Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
* Fitness membership discounts
* Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
EEO IS THE LAW Zayo invites any applicant and/or employee to review the Company s written Affirmative Action Plan. This plan is available for inspection upon request by emailing our People Ops team.