Optimization and Strategy Lead
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 11/13/2019
END DATE 12/7/2019
Thompsons Station, TN
JOB DESCRIPTIONOptimization and Strategy Lead - Mid America Region
Reference Code: 57564
Location: United States (US) - Thompson's Station, TN
Job Category: Engineering
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is eligible for our domestic relocation program
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
Our US Gas Operations team is evolving to meet the needs of our growing business and we are expanding our presence in Thompson's Station, Tennessee to support the US Gas Core Reliability team.
We are seeking a driven Reliability Optimization & Strategy Lead who has knowledge and experience in acting as lead key point of contact for internal customers in Operations and Engineering for TC Energy s compression assets. Reporting centrally to the Manager of Core Reliability within USGO Reliability, the Reliability Optimization & Strategy Lead partners with Operations, Engineering, Gas Control, Operations Planning, and Facility Planning providing expertise to attain optimum operation of the natural gas compression fleet. The Reliability Optimization & Strategy Lead develops and implements compression strategy based on inputs from key stakeholders to improve the overall operation, efficiency, cost of service, and reliability for the USGO Compression Fleet. This individual also conducts long and short-term compression fleet risk analysis to meet shipper demand and new markets in a safe, compliant and reliable manner.
This position may be filled at any company location within the Mid America Region, depending on the location of the successful candidate.
What you ll do
* Act as the key point of contact between Reliability TOS and Operations
* Lead compression portfolio development capital/expense projects per geographical assigned regions
* Lead compression project prioritization and risk scoring
* Evaluate methods to optimize and improve the operation of compression assets while maximizing compression availability and minimizing commercial impact
* Communicate Gas Control constraints and compression risk within Operations and Engineering
* Develop data driven approaches for fleet monitoring and asset life cycle extension
* Lead communication of compression operational issues and provides recommendations to resolve for best in class fleet reliability
* Analyze compression fuel & capacity utilization for efficiency and cost avoidance opportunities
* Lead compression cost avoidance transformation initiatives through data analytics
* Participate in the development of compression contingency plans for emergency conditions
* Champion new data driven initiatives to meet customer expectations
* Monitor compression construction and maintenance activities to minimize availability non-compliance
* Partner with all Reliability Teams to enhance algorithms and equipment monitoring strategies
* Analyze weather forecast and advises impacts to compression assets
* Act as the Defect Elimination Champion per geographical assigned regions
* Other tasks as required
* Bachelor s Degree in Engineering
* 10 or more years of related experience
* Applicants without an Engineering degree, but who have significant experience, may align to the Technologist job ladder
* Strong background in the natural gas transportation industry
This position requires candidates to
* Have and maintain a valid driver's license and safe driving record
* Be subject to callouts with extended workdays/weeks as required to complete assignments or emergency support
* Travel frequently to other company locations for temporary assignments, meetings or training which would involve some overnight stays away from home
This position will require travel across borders and as such the candidate must be able to provide applicable documentation to this affect.
Driving a motor vehicle is an essential job function of this position. Following a conditional offer of employment, the Company will check the motor vehicle records of any job applicant when driving is an essential job function.
*Depending on the qualifications of the applicants, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
All positions require background screening. Some include criminal and/or credit checks in order to comply with regulations.
Please apply to this posting by 12/05/2019. To apply, please visit transcanada.com/careers through your desktop or laptop. Use reference code 57564. Only applications submitted through the TransCanada Careers website will be acknowledged.
TransCanada is an equal opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program supervised by the U.S. Government.
Make what you do matter.
At TransCanada we dream big, think big and do big things. For over 60 years, we've had the vision and scale to deliver big things that matter to the world. From supplying reliable and efficient energy to millions of North Americans with our pipelines, gas storage and power generation facilities, we believe in making big things possible.
TransCanada is looking for people who are willing to think about the future...and think big. We're looking for people who are ready to take on the most significant challenges of their careers and define energy infrastructure in North America.
Thank you for choosing TransCanada in your career search.
Job Segment: Engineer, Temporary, Compliance, Facilities, Engineering, Contract, Strategy, Legal, Operations.