Optometry Assistant - NorthEast Eye Clinic
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 3/28/2020
END DATE 4/11/2020
JOB DESCRIPTION JPS Health Network is a $950 million, tax-supported health care system for Tarrant County in North Texas. Licensed for 578 beds, the network includes an acute care hospital andmore than 40 community-based clinics, including19 school-based clinics. John Peter Smith Hospital is home to Tarrant County's first and only Level 1 Trauma Center, its only psychiatric emergency services site and has the largest hospital-based family medicine residency program in the nation. Our network employs more than 6,500 people.
Acclaim is our multispecialty medical practice group. Acclaim has over 300 providers serving the JPS Health Network in specialties ranging from primary care to general surgery and trauma. The Acclaim group has been formed around a common set of incentives and expectations supporting the operational, financial and clinical performanceoutcomes of the network. Our goal is to provide high quality, compassionate clinical care for every patient, every time.
For more information, visit www.jpshealthnet.org.
To view all job vacancies, visitwww.jobs.jpshealthnet.org/ or www.teamacclaim.org.
Description: The DSRIP-Optometrist Assistant performs various clinical and technical duties and tasks which include assisting with direct and indirect treatment and care of pediatric, adolescents, adults, and geriatric patients. ?????????
* Performs basic patient care with consideration for age and developmental stage and needs.
* Obtains and documents accurate and complete vital signs.
* Assists in preparing and maintaining clinic readiness including but not limited to chart reviews, maintaining neat, orderly, and supplied exam rooms, orders supplies to maintain adequate par levels and sets up for procedures as indicated.
* Documents accurately in medical records, on forms, and in the computer entering appropriate orders, patient charges, and/or other information.
* Provides patient appointment scheduling, retrieving and documenting all forms of incoming information from patients accurately in the patients medical record and forwarding information and provides to the appropriate practitioner, nursing staff, and/or manager/director in a timely manner.
* Prepares referrals, work/school excuse letters, and written prescriptions for providers to sign.
* Disinfects and cleans all equipment and instruments.
* Conducts pre-testing and special testing, included but limited to, auto refraction, lensometry, tonometry, color vision, and vision screener/visual acuity.
* Participates in and adheres to Network, Division, and Department policies, procedures, related standards of work behaviors, Code of Ethics, Compliance Programs, HIPAA, Performance/Quality Improvement Process, and Fire/Safety/Infection Control Program.
* Performs other job related duties assigned.
Required Education and Experience: * High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent.
* 1 plus year experience as an optometry assistant or technician, or performing similar duties in an ophthalmology or optometry clinical setting.
Preferred Education and Experience: * BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support Certification
Location Address: 3299 W Euless BlvdEuless, Texas, 76040United States
img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=https://jpshealth.contacthr.com/74588050.jpg /