OR Registered Nurse RN Educator - SSH Surgery - FT/DAY 9/11/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DEPARTMENT: SSEM SURGERY
Status: Full Time
Shift: First REQID: req19839
SOUTH SEMINOLE HOSPITAL is a 206-bed, full-service, medical/surgical community hospital located in scenic Longwood, Florida. The hospital is a part of Orlando Health and serves the residents of Seminole County, Florida. Our team is dedicated to offering quality healthcare services and programs to meet the needs of our community. We use the latest equipment, perform the most advanced medical procedures and offer prevention, wellness and community outreach services. The hospital is also home to one of Orlando Health s three Air Care Team helicopter bases, allowing critical patients to be transferred to ORMC s Level I Trauma Center. South Seminole Hospital is home to Orlando Health Behavioral Healthcare, an 80-bed psychiatric hospital.
MODERN HEALTHCARE has recognized ORLANDO HEALTH SOUTH SEMINOLE HOSPITAL in Longwood, Fla as BEST PLACES TO WORK IN 2020 ! This recognition program honors companies throughout the industry that empower employees to provide patients and customers with the best possible care, products and services. We are proud to have been awarded with this designation!
The SOUTH SEMINOLE SURGICAL SERVICES DEPARTMENT includes the Department of Anesthesia, Operating Room Suites (six  O.Rs), the Pre-Admission Testing, Endoscopy, Pre-Anesthesia Care Area, Post Anesthesia Care Unit, and Sterile Processing Department (SPD). The South Seminole Surgery Department is equipped to provide the following specialty surgery: General, Pediatric, Podiatry, Gynecology, Orthopedics, Genitourinary, Ears-Nose and Throat (ENT), Vascular and Plastics, Thoracic and Neuro-Orthopedics. The surgical services staffs are scheduled to provide flexible nursing care and services for elective scheduled cases Monday through Friday, 0700 to 1900 and Emergency cases 24 hours a day seven days a week. SSH Surgery Department provides call coverage for emergency cases.
PREFERENCES : MSN degree prepared and CNOR certification highly desirable. To be successful in this role, candidate must have experience in Preop/PACU/ENDO/SDP, specifically 5 to 10 years in the OR is highly preferred.
The Learning Specialist provides general and specialty specific education to prepare team members to be safe, efficient and competent.
Graduate from an approved school of nursing with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION * Current licensure as a registered nurse in the State of Florida required.
* National specialty certification in area of practice required except in cases where there is no certification available.
* Basic life support, advanced life support, pediatric advanced life support, neonatal resuscitation program certification as required by department or unit.
Two (2) years of acute care hospital experience required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS * Enhances clinical competence of team members by utilizing an Education Action Plan and annual Needs Assessment.
* Develops and coordinates the orientation process for assigned areas, meets with orientees, preceptors and members of the nursing leadership team as needed.
* Actively participates in quality and safety initiatives to ensure team members are improving practice so quality and safety standards are met.
* Collaborates with Corporate Education to assess ongoing competence of clinical team members.
* Plans, develops, coordinates and evaluates unit specific programs to maintain or increase the skill and knowledge of team members.
* Ensures adult learning principles are integrated into all programs.
* Facilitates and supports team member involvement in professional and organizational activities.
* Maintains proficiency in assigned role by participating in direct nursing practice.
* Demonstrates professional accountability by involvement in educational or health related professional organizations.
* Provides input for the clinical evaluation of team members.
* Participates in the selection, evaluation and hiring of potential team members.
* Facilitates professional development of team members through utilization of educational courses.
* Assesses and provides education to maintain ongoing knowledge and compliance of organizational, regulatory policies and procedures.
* Utilizes evidenced based, quality clinical nursing practice consistent with nursing research, organizational and national practice standards.
* Effectively expresses ideas in verbal and written communication to team members and groups.
* Embraces, communicates and promotes change.
* Completes Sunrise documentation intermediate class and maintains competency in EMR systems including Sunrise documentation.
* Participates in formal education presentations, e.g. core specialty courses, corporate-sponsored education programs, or guest lecturing for academic courses.
* Presents at a local, state, regional or national conference.
* Develops test questions for Annual Clinical Review (ACR) online testing database, utilizing test construction principles and assembles unit specific ACR test.
* Facilitates and participates in the skills portion of the ACR.
* Serves as a preceptor for the Learning Specialist I roles.
* Participates in unit-specific, site-specific or corporate committees and/or educational initiatives that influence organizational outcomes.
* Participates in professional development opportunities that increase his/her effectiveness in the role.
* Creates opportunities to develop critical thinking and critical reasoning skills for all team members.
* Provides development programs for preceptor growth.
* Utilizes critical thinking and knowledge assessments to plan orientation.
* Demonstrates knowledge of the research process; interprets and uses evidence based practice guidelines in addressing learning needs.
* Collaborates with student coordinator for student placement and communicates with nursing instructor regarding student assignment.
* Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
* Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures
OTHER RELATED FUNCTIONS * Participates in Process Improvement activities.
* Demonstrates knowledge of legal issues, patient rights and compliance with the standards of regulatory and accrediting agencies.
* Contributes to the budgetary planning of the unit/department.
* Serves as a liaison to other Orlando Health departments/committees regarding educational initiatives as assigned by the nursing operations manager.
ADDRESS: 555 W. SR 434 Longwood FL
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.