Oracle Database Engineer / Administrator (DBA) 7/31/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
Design. Disrupt. Repeat.
Be an agent of change on a team committed to achieving client-focused, mission-driven excellence. Steampunk is looking for an experienced Oracle Database Engineer / Administrator with an appetite for taking on new challenges.
Who We Are
Steampunk is the explosive collision of human-centered design and traditional government contracting. An employee-owned company with a startup mindset and time-tested approaches tailored for the federal government, we re passionate about creating solutions that are impactful, practical, scalable, and most importantly, that meet our clients ever-changing needs.
At Steampunk, we believe in disrupting the status quo and setting the pace in the ecosystem of government contractors, while repurposing tried-and-true methodologies. We believe in empowering our people to find creative solutions to intractable problems. We believe the best environment in which to grow and thrive is outside our comfort zone.
While good design makes for a good product, we believe human-centered design makes for an excellent one.
We also believe effective teams are powered by diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences. To that end, Steampunk is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, disability status, and protected veteran status, amongst our ranks. Additionally, we participate in the E-Verify program.
Our people are the very core of what we do; their expertise and hunger for new and exciting challenges fuel our relentless pursuit of mission success. As part of our team of Punks, you ll test the status quo, explore new boundaries, and set the bar high for how government clients expect to engage with contractors.
Because we value our employees work/life balance (and believe those who work hard deserve to play hard), we offer a very competitive benefits package, including telework/flex scheduling, health/dental with orthodontics/vision insurance upon hire, paid time off with a sell-back benefit and carryover option, 11 Federal Holidays, 100% paid military leave, 100% 401(k) plan match upon hire, professional development/education reimbursement, all flexible spending accounts, and more.
* Provide technical knowledge and analysis of highly specialized applications and operational environment, high-level functional systems analysis, design, integration, documentation and implementation advice on moderately complex problems that require an appropriate level of knowledge of the Oracle RDBMS and related technologies for effective implementation.
* Apply principles, methods and knowledge of the Oracle RDBMS, data modeling, and Extract Transform and Load (ETL) to specific task order requirements, advanced mathematical principles and methods to exceptionally difficult and narrowly defined technical problems in engineering.
* Under general direction, designs, implements and maintains complex database models and ETL routines with respect to access methods, access time, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods.
* Overall monitoring of standards and procedures and integration of systems through secure database design.
* Competent to work at the highest level of all phases of database management supporting application-specific processes, inputs, and models.
* Codes and documents database scripts and stored procedures for the implementation and modification of data models, ETL processes, and data validation.
* Designs/implements data strategy and data security methods.
* Develops appropriate programs and systems documentation.
* Assists with Meta data repository management.
* Minimum 10 years of relevant hands-on broad range of skills / experience.
* Minimum 3 years of relevant experience designing, testing, and implementing ETL routines using SQL and Oracle Data Integrator (ODI).
* Bachelor s degree in computer science, information systems or equivalent.
* Experience with Oracle Enterprise Data Quality (EDQ) to perform data profiling, quality management, and data correction is highly desirable.
Steampunk is a Change Agent in the Federal contracting industry, bringing new thinking to clients in the Homeland, Federal Civilian, Health and DoD sectors. Through our Human-Centered delivery methodology, we are fundamentally changing the expectations our Federal clients have for true shared accountability in solving their toughest mission challenges. As an Employee owned company, we focus on investing in our employees to enable them to do the greatest work of their careers and rewarding them for outstanding contributions to our growth. If you want to learn more about our story, visit http://www.steampunk.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Steampunk participates in the E-Verify program.