Organizational Development Business Partner-Operations
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/30/2019
END DATE 11/13/2019
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
IDEMIA is the global leader in identity and security. Our mission is to create a safe and simple future where identity verification is indisputable, and only you can assert your identity. We are a distributed company leveraging the latest technologies to deliver world-class products in the private and public sectors of finance, telecom, identity, security, retail, sports entertainment, commercial, government, and IoT. We use a variety of technologies and approaches to deliver quality product and services to government agencies and technology companies. IDEMIA is a made up of a group of 14,000 diverse people from different nationalities, speaking over 20 different languages. Together, our solutions impact the everyday lives of citizens and nations. In this ever-changing world, protecting your identity is paramount. Join the team that is ensuring one person- one identity.
IDEMIA s mission is to provide augmented security solutions for the world we live in today. We are the global leader in trusted identities for an increasingly digital world. Every day we work with clients in Financial Services, Telecom, Identity, Security and IoT. They come to us for our expertise in biometrics, A.I. Cloud, Cryptography, Advanced Analytics, and more. Our solutions influence the everyday lives of citizens and nations streamlining and securing identities so people can travel, pay, live and play without hassle or worry.
We are seeking a dynamic Organizational Development Partner to be a strategic partner to the Operations client group. The candidate should be able to work from one of our production sites in IL or CA. This position will act as trainer, coach, and strategist, and will liaise with the HR partner assigned to the group to help employees resolve questions. The OD Partner will ensure the group s employees and leaders are supported in matters of employee and management training and coaching, training, performance management, and succession planning, and will work with other Operations leadership to align strategies across the business unit. This position will be a key part of IDEMIA s growth.
Essential Job Functions:
Organization and Business Strategy
* Demonstrate sound knowledge of Idemia s mission, objectives, and leadership. Ability to manage multiple priorities, communicate clearly and professionally, and provide honest and accurate feedback to staff at all levels.
* Maintain a thorough understanding of the BU and the Company's business challenges, and solicit input from contributors across the organization to resolve problems.
* Create and drive organizational development initiatives and opportunities through employee surveys and interaction and by meeting regularly with middle and upper management to assess retention and employee feedback.
Culture Development and Employee Communication
* Lead and support effective communications throughout the group on business progress and developments, organizational changes, and relevant industry developments.
* Identify opportunities for improvement; work independently and collaboratively to brainstorm, prioritize, create, develop, and execute initiatives and solutions.
* Work directly with BU leaders to analyze employee metrics data and survey information to suggest and implement short and long-term strategies for engagement, retention, and development.
* Support the ongoing performance management process. Assess and identify high performing / high potential leaders, and ensure succession and development plans are in place. Coach and assist with the development of Field Managers.
* Coordinate the performance management function for business unit and provide coaching to managers in the implementation of performance evaluations and performance improvement programs.
Training and Coaching
* Coach leaders and managers to develop and enhance their leadership and management effectiveness, demonstrating alignment with company values.
* Design and drive training programs for workgroups within the Operations business unit, focusing on cross-training and succession planning initiatives to drive retention, productivity, and profitability.
* Partner with SMEs to develop curricula for new hires in each area; update curricula as business needs and technology change.
* Travel to sites occasionally to assist with needs analysis, evaluation, facilitation, and employee relations.
* Include multiple levels of Operations Management in discussions and strategy for organizational development within the Operations BU.
* Interface with COO, Operations Leadership, and Compensation Manager to evaluate effectiveness of current strategies for talent acquisition, engagement, and retention.
Compliance with Federal and State Labor Laws
* Minimize business risk and enhance the company culture by ensuring that all management are trained in all required legal subject areas, such as Compliance, Code of Conduct, Diversity & Sexual Harassment, Interviewing and Selection Skills, and Employment Law.
Note: In addition to the Essential Functions, also performs similar work-related duties as assigned.
* Possess initiative, creativity and outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
* Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills along with the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects and assignments simultaneously.
* Experience with manufacturing or production quality preferred.
* Demonstrated ability to lead teams, develop people, and influence direction and outcomes.
* Ability to coach managers and employees in difficult situations.
* Ability to design, develop, and deliver effective employee education courses, working independently and with Subject Matter Experts.
* Excellent interpersonal skills with strong listening skills and the ability to provide timely responses to requests and issues.
* 5+ years of progressive experience in OD, HR, Training, Project Management, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Bachelor s degree in HR, OD, or Business.
* MS suite: Intermediate level skills in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and the ability to learn additional programs as needed.
* General working knowledge of the consulting process and instructional design.
Travel Requirement, Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
* Occasional overnight travel as required; travel should not exceed more than 25% of the time.
* General office environment. The work area is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated.
* Office environment where the employee may sit comfortably to do the work. Some walking, standing, bending, reaching, and carrying of light items such as papers, books, small parts; driving an automobile, etc. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, and other office equipment.
Must be United States citizen (dual citizenship may be allowed)
IDEMIA is an equal opportunity employer.
We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics..