Outbound Warehouse Associate (Night Shift)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2020
END DATE 9/18/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONIs working the night shift your jam? Do you enjoy having a variety of work to do at a fast-pace? Picking and loading cases of beer, wine and spirits for a top beverage sales company sounds like a great fit for you! Not only will you get in a great workout every night with the opportunity for overtime, but we're told our warehouse team has some of the best people to work with in Kalamazoo!
Eat. Sleep. Move Beer. Repeat: Our Outbound Warehouse Associates work part-time, Sunday-Thursday nights starting at 7:00pm until all orders for the next day have been picked and our delivery trucks are fully loaded with beverages. We take great pride in choosing Warehouse Associates who can handle the hard work, take initiative to train on multiple jobs so they can move up in the company, and work great with a team.
Like a fine wine, Imperial Beverage has been getting better with age since 1933. We are a Michigan family-owned beverage distributor and we are passionate about helping others succeed at work and in the community. We only hire those with passion, integrity, customer focus and the desire for hard work. Once all the work is done, we also like to have fun and lots of it!
Will work for beer? Great! Working for a beverage distributor has its perks. Not only will you get to learn about and sample our products in this general labor position, but we also include a 401K match, free uniforms, awesome company events like tickets to baseball games, and opportunity for advancement.
A Day in the Life
* Arrive to the warehouse on time and ready to work
* Collect pallet jack, scanner and iPod
* Pick cases of beverages assigned to you through your iPod
* Use a pallet jack to move product and organize the cases on a skid
* Once the skid is completely built, wrap the skid to secure the cases for shipping
* Print out the skid tag and place the skid in the loading zone
* Repeat this process several times for the night
As you learn the picking process, you will have the opportunity to also learn the loading process:
* Organize product returns and empty kegs based on truck routes
* Determine which trucks should be loaded with which product
* Assist in moving delivery trucks into truck bays for loading
* Load wrapped skids on the trucks using a forklift or pallet jack
* High School Diploma or Equivalent
* 18 years of age or older
* Basic computer skills to use an iPod and warehouse management software
* Flexibility to work with varying shift end times
* Attention to detail and a sense of urgency to meet goals with accuracy
* Ability to lift and carry an average of 30 pounds, repetitively, and move up to 165 pounds
* Forklift experience preferred