Outpatient Speech & Language Pathologist 8/19/2020
Yale New Haven Health
New Haven, CT
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Responsible for performance of all speech- language, communicative, and swallowing diagnostic and rehabilitative procedures on inpatients and outpatients; specifically, conducts evaluations and analyzes the results to diagnose the disorder; recommends and conducts appropriate rehabilitation intervention; counsels the patient and family (as approved by the patient) as to the current status of the patient and plans appropriate intervention to address the specific needs of the patient; writes reports on all diagnostic and rehabilitative procedures in the EMR.
* 1. Clinical
* 1.1 Able to interpret physician referrals to perform basic clinical evaluations.
* 2. Educational
* 2.1 Attends department in-services.
* 3. Administration
* 3.1 Complies with Hospital and Department Policies and Procedures.
* 4. Clinical Supervision
* 4.1 Participates in regular meetings with supervisor and/or team leader and reports pertinent information on a timely basis.
* 5. Human Relations Skills
* 5.1 Demonstrates respect and regard for dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsive and courteous hospital environment.
Graduate of a Master's Degree in Speech-Language Pathology; Completion of Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology preferred.
One (1) to two (2) years as a clinical speech language pathologist in a large medical center based practice preferred. Experience working with children and/or adults depending on the assigned setting. Clinical experience with a variety of diagnoses to include post-surgical, developmental, neurological, genetic, oncologic and traumatic.
Must maintain a current unrestricted license to practice as a Speech - Language Pathologist in CT.
Experience with FEES, MBS and TEP preferred. Excellent interpersonal, clinical, and organizational skills.
Requires exposure to blood and body fluids, hazardous materials and communicable diseases. Requires long periods of standing and walking. Requires lifting and positioning of patients.