Outside Sales Representative - Floor Covering
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 12/3/2019
END DATE 12/23/2019
Milliken & Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONHeadquartered in Spartanburg, South Carolina, Milliken & Company is a global, innovative, industrial diversified manufacturing company that has been exploring, discovering, and creating ways to enhance people s lives since 1865. With expertise across a breadth of disciplines including specialty chemical, floor covering, and performance materials, the company works around the world every day to add true value to people s lives, improve health and safety, and help make our world more sustainable. Milliken has long led the way for "knowledge-based" investment, employing over 100 PhDs, and has accumulated over 2,200 U.S. patents and more than 5,000 patents worldwide. Milliken is widely acknowledged as an international leader in research technology, innovation, and customer service. With over 35 manufacturing facilities located in the U.S., U.K., Belgium, France, China, India, Mexico, and Australia, and other sales and service operations throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia, Milliken's more than 7,000 associates work to deliver innovations that do good for the world, create new experiences, and build for the future.
Milliken's Residential Carpet Business is currently seeking a candidate for the position of Sales Representative. The Sales Representative will report directly to the National Sales Manager. Specifically, the territory encompasses Eastern Pennsylvania, Southern New Jersey and Delaware. The position will be located in a home office within the region, preferably in Philadelphia.
* Build solid and trustworthy relationships with specialty flooring retailers enabling Milliken
to greatly increase their market and business share in the territory.
* Daily sales calls on existing customers with the special emphasis on the sale of samples / displays, rolls, and area rugs.
* Ensure product knowledge training and provide product consultation.
* Must continually prospect for viable new accounts while developing a keen awareness of what is happening within the designated geographic area.
* Provide retailers with business and product consultations to increase sales in their markets.
* Prepare reports of business transactions and sales reports showing sales volume and potential sales.
* Prepare and communicate sales reports outlining actual sales information and goals, competitive market conditions and product needs.
* Analyze and control travel and entertainment expenditures as well as sample budget to conform to the budgetary requirements.
* B.S./B.A. desired
* 2+ years direct sales experience
* Well-developed communication and execution management skills.
* Must be a self-starter, experience with working from home office with limited supervision.
* Must possess very strong personal presence and interpersonal skills.
Milliken & Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.