Outside Sales Representative 5/4/2020
Myers Tire Supply
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OUTSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE
Lafayette, LA, USA Req #46
Friday, April 17, 2020
Do you love your car and driving an open road*
Do you thrive on working independently*
Have you banished cubicles forever*
Love the "hunt" and closing a deal*
Do you actually enjoy getting a little dirty*
If you've answered yes to ALL of these questions, then our Outside Sales Rep role with Myers Tire Supply could be the job of your dreams. ;)
Our field based, Outside Sales Representative position is responsible for increasing revenue and gross profit by developing new business and growing existing accounts in our greater Lafayette, LA territory. You will have a main focus on tire dealers (both independent and national chain locations). You'll also contact new car dealership service centers, along with tire retread companies, if applicable, to gain business in your assigned area. Our Sales Representatives are responsible for building and keeping their geographic territory greater than $1M in annual revenue....there is no cap to our commission plan. This position reports directly to a District Sales Manager.
* Lead all sales and account/planning, forecasting, reporting efforts for assigned accounts within territory
* Understand, assess, and anticipate customers objectives, strategies, and requirements to identify and pursue additional sales opportunities
* Complete pre-call planning activities that allow for effective and efficient sales calls
* Acquire new customers to maximize growth - most of our reps visit 10+ accounts/day at times which combine new client presentations and servicing existing accounts.
* Manage small accounts efficiently by engaging customer service or directing the customer to online ordering, building the customer's e-commerce strategy and abilities
* Focus on strategic selling with mid and large size accounts, selling Myers programs, inventory systems, and solutions
* Responsible for escalated customer service issue follow-up, but not necessarily the primary contact point for issue resolution - follows up accordingly.
* Collaborate with Product Managers, Pricing and Inventory Analysts, Customer Service Reps and other Associates within Myers Tire Supply to present "product demos" and other training presentations to accomplish complete full-solution selling for the customer.
* Customer focus
* Understanding sales processes
* Solution oriented
* Consultative selling ability
* Team Player
* Ability to listen intently and comprehend needs
* Self motivation to improve skills / approach new potential customers
* Ability to drive growth
* Technical capacity - find and share ways to work "smart"
* Coachability - Ability to coach others and be coached.
* Excellent verbal and written skills - communicate ideas effectively
* Outstanding time management ability. "Get Stuff Done" mentality.
* High School Diploma required; college degree preferred
* Successful sales history with 2+ years outside sales experience (preferred)
* Automotive experience in Tire Repair, Tire Center Operations, Auto Parts, Underhood, TPMS, or Auto Mechanic skills will help tremendously with your success.
* Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office products - Word, Excel, PowerPoint incredibly helpful.
* Valid driver s license with acceptable motor vehicle report (insurable)
This position requires daily travel throughout your territory. Overnight travel will be required, however, you'll put your head down on your own pillow most nights. Occasional travel to attend seminars or trade shows may also be required.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified individuals will receive consideration without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
Job Types: Full-time, Commission
* Job Function Sales
* Pay Type Salary
* Travel Required Yes
* Lafayette, LA, USA
The company seeks to hire the best-qualified applicant for all openings. The decision to hire is based on ability, experience, and other factors required by the job itself without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, handicap, disability, or any other protected status. This policy pertains to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training, conditions and privileges of employment, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff-off and termination.