Outside Sales 9/8/2019
Tulsa Winch, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY TWG is the group name we use to refer to the industry s foremost producers of quality winches, hoists, gear drives and electronic monitoring systems for global industrial applications. The seven brands comprising TWG include Tulsa Winch, Rufnek, Greer, dp Winch, Gear Products, Pullmaster and LANTEC. Operating from the Jenks, Oklahoma facility are the Tulsa Winch, Rufnek, Greer, dp Winch and Gear Products brands with Pullmaster and LANTEC brands operating from the Surrey, British Columbia, Canada.
By drawing upon the talent of our dedicated employees and the strengths of these brands, TWG has become known around the world for providing innovative products and solutions designed and manufactured to high quality standards and delivered to our customers on time. The products and solutions produced by TWG find their way into diverse applications including onshore oil and gas, the utility industry, commercial and governmental towing and recovery, construction and offshore cranes, marine applications including fishing and cargo handling, forestry and mining applications and a myriad of other construction applications.
We feel that our success is directly attributable to the creativity, commitment and enthusiasm of our employees.
This position reports to the Outside Sales Manager and is responsible for developing and executing key functions to develop incremental sales with new customers and/or organically grow existing customer sales by promoting all TWG products under the direction of TWG's Outside Sales Manager and in accordance with the Company's strategic business growth objectives. This position can be located at either the Jenks, Oklahoma or the Surrey, British Columbia facilities. This position can be responsible for multiple markets, including but not limited to Marine and Energy and or Infrastructure and Recovery.
This position is also responsible for, with authority to follow ISO procedures, initiate action to prevent problems, document quality problems, contribute to problem solutions, verify implementation of solutions, control further processing when a problem is identified, protect the environment, including preventing pollution, analyzing or identifying areas for correction or improvement.
This position will contribute to the success of the operations of TWG by performing the following duties personally as listed in the Essential Duties and Responsibilities section as directed. Other essential duties and responsibilities may be assigned as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (FUNCTIONS): TWG EXPECTS ALL EMPLOYEES TO WORK SAFELY WITHOUT INJURY MAINTAINING THE HIGHEST SAFETY STANDARDS IN COMPLIANCE WITH COMPANY SAFETY POLICIES.
* Responsible for account management duties to include:
* Responds to all incoming sales inquiries from assigned accounts or potential new customers for all TWG products.
* Provides technical assistance to customers either individually or in collaboration with TWG's application, engineering or warranty service teams.
* Coordinates with Customer Service to create customer quotations.
* Develops positive, mutually-beneficial relationships with all assigned or new customers and serves as the primary point of contact for those customers within TWG.
* Develops new business with existing or new customers in accordance with TWG's strategic business growth objectives.
* Collecting forecast information from assigned strategic accounts to validate forecasted demand, product mix, and delivery requirements to support the SIOP process.
* Writes business correspondence, proposals and quotations.
* Completes sales trip reports and submits them through company-approved reporting software.
* Conducts presentations to all assigned or new customers for the promotion of all TWG products and value-added solutions.
* Assists in coordinating and leading sales/service seminars for assigned customers when required.
* Submits inquiries with associated business cases for non-standard product opportunities to the Outside Sales Manager for review of qualification and approval.
* Assists in organizing and attending industry-related trade shows.
* Works and coordinate with Finance to resolve invoicing issues and collection resolution.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS to include the following. Other job qualifications within TWG may be required.
* Must have a safety-focused, positive, professional and respectful attitude and communications at all times within and outside TWG and / or Dover OPCS, both domestically and internationally.
* Must demonstrate the ability to recognize problems, the willingness to respectfully confront problems and demonstrate problem solving skills.
* Must be open to opportunities to learn and develop new skills.
* Must learn and apply LEAN process improvement concepts as required.
* Makes timely decisions and approaches all situations with integrity.
* Analyzes job tasks to efficiently perform the job requirements in a timely manner.
* Develops and maintains methods, procedures, attitudes and skills to provide quality work.
* Has excellent attention to detail completing essential duties in an efficient and timely manner.
* Maintains a safe, clean, orderly and uncluttered work environment.
* Must be able to travel as required and/or directed up to 50% of the time.
* Becomes familiar and complies with Company procedures and policies as provided in Employee Handbook, Quality Manual, Safety Manual and or Official Postings. Participates in and attends as directed Company meetings, training sessions and seminars.
JOB COMPETENCIES - Top three competencies for this position are:
* CUSTOMER FOCUSED: Strong customer management and situational management skills. Knows and understands the customers with the ability to quickly reproduce customer problem, isolate cause and drive resolution.
* RESULTS DRIVEN: Proficiency in managing the customer's account using clearly defined strategies, tactics and metrics.
* ACTION ORIENTED: Highly motivated, self-starter able to plan, anticipate and initiate in managing and driving the sales function.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
* Associates Degree in Business, Sales or related field.
* 3-4+ years successful sales experience.
* Or combination of education and experience.
* Experience of growing, developing and sustaining strong customer relationships.
* Bachelor's Degree or advanced degree in Business, Sales or related field.
* Selling products for various mobile construction or agricultural equipment.
* Experience with winches, hydraulics, or related mechanical equipment.
* Exposure to Lean Principles.
* Contract Management and Proposal Writing.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.