Overnight Security Officer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 6/5/2020
END DATE 8/4/2020
Omni Hotels & Resorts
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
To ensure that the guests, associates, and resort property are maintained in a safe and secure environment during the overnight shift.
* Performs Security Patrols and Lockdown of the following areas of the Hotel: Restaurants, Lobby areas and the Associate s entrance, all Meeting Space and Parking areas, Guest floors, Executive Offices, and Back of the house areas.
* Responds immediately to emergency incidents and security requests to which he/she is assigned.
* Ensures maximum safety and security at all times for guests, associates, and resort property.
* Is courteous, tactful, and helpful, but firm in enforcing hotel policies and procedures.
* Reports in writing on all activities during each shift before leaving the hotel, with oral reports and emergency notifications delivered as directed by the established Security procedures.
* Responds to medical situations / emergencies as required, notifying proper authorities and taking appropriate action insuring the safety and well-being of guests and associates.
* Checks associates leaving and entering the hotel at the beginning and end of shift, or at any time when an associate leaves the hotel, as required by management. Collects all package passes and inspects parcels taken from the hotel.
* Monitors the Security of the receiving dock.
* Assists with shipping and receiving of packages and deliveries.
* Confiscates all unauthorized parcels etc., and notifies the Director of Loss Prevention and the appropriate department head.
* Checks all I.D's of the hotel staff and provides information and direction upon proper identification of all job applicants, salesmen, etc. as required by management. Notifies the department head involved for permission for non-staff personnel to enter the premises.
* Record and report any unsafe conditions while patrolling hotel property.
* Performs all necessary clerical requirements of the Loss Prevention Department under the supervision of the Director of Loss Prevention. This includes security reports, incident reports, filing, processing work orders, ordering supplies, maintaining necessary schedules, and posting bulletin board information.
* Protects hotel from admission of undesirables and others not conducting legitimate business within the premises.
* Previous security experience preferred.
* Red Cross and First Aid Certified.
* Able to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
* Non-Commissioned security license with Texas DPS.
* Must be TABC certified.
* Must be able to push, pull, stand, sit, walk, run, and lift moderate to heavy weight.
Tools and Equipment:
* Telephone, copying machine, computer and printer
* File cabinet/folders
* Lift jack dolly, hand truck, camera, first aid equipment
* Hand and power tools
* Interior and exterior of resort property, in all areas with exposure to extreme temperatures.
* Exterior of hotel with exposure to weather conditions.
* Exposure to various hazardous chemicals.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com...