P/T Barn Technician - Sky View Farm 9/18/2019
Clemens Food Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY *
P/T BARN TECHNICIAN - SKY VIEW FARM
Job Locations US-IN-Lynn
# of Openings Remaining
Welcome to Country View Family Farms! We re a progressive family owned company with deep roots in raising healthy pigs to make quality pork for our families and yours. Headquartered in Pennsylvania, we have operations in PA, IN, and MI. Known for being industry leaders in our practices and animal care, we live by our core values of ethics, integrity and stewardship.
Be Me Be Clemens
Country View Family Farms is a subsidiary of Clemens Food Group. Come grow with us as we continue to vastly expand our swine operations. Join a team of individuals passionate about agriculture.
We re Hiring a Part Time Barn Technician for our Sky View Farm in Lynn, In. In this role, you will provide day-to-day care for sows and piglets on our farm. Enjoy our progressive operations including electronic sow feeding (ESF), top-notch biosecurity practices, open pen gestation, along with half our herd being antibiotic free. You will report to the Sow Farm Manager and will be a vital component of our daily operations including farrowing, breeding and gestation.
We Offer a competitive salary and bonus system based on performance, along with a comprehensive benefit program including medical, dental, prescription coverage, short-term disability, life insurance as well as paid time off and educational assistance. In addition, we offer a generous Sharing Plan, which includes a 401k with company match, and profit sharing.
What You Would Be Doing
* Daily monitoring and evaluation of animal health and condition.
* Maintain accurate records and submit them in a timely manner to the supervisor.
* Ensure a safe work environment by using safety equipment and following safety protocols.
* Monitor barn environment to ensure animal comfort and welfare.
* Perform routine maintenance and pressure washing as needed.
* Provide high quality feed and water to animals daily.
* Assist in moving sows, boars and piglets as directed.
* Follow animal welfare policies and procedures to ensure humane treatment of animals at all times.
This Role is for You if:
* You have a High School Diploma or a General Education Degree (GED), or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* You are multi-task oriented and a team player.
* You have the ability to define problems, collect and interpret data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
* You thrive in a fast-paced environment and can physically be standing on your feet a majority of the day with the ability to lift 50 lbs.
* You are able to tolerate a barn environment, which may include animal dander, manure, dust, blood, odors and frequently noisy conditions.
* You are available to work Monday thru Friday, with some weekends and holiday work required.
* You are committed to meeting and exceeding industry standards in care and welfare of our animals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Additional BenefitsFull service, 24/7, gym on site in our Hatfield, PA office location. Gym includes full-size basketball court, weight and exercise machines, fitness instructors and classes throughout the day.
Onsite cafeteria and company store for purchases at a discounted price.
Wellness Program with activities through the year to promote physical and mental well-being.
Annual Company picnic and celebration events for Team Member recognition.
Discounts with area businesses.