This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/21/2020
END DATE 9/23/2020
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONDEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION: The Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Cardiovascular Medicine Division is committed to providing high-quality care to our patients, promoting the educational mission of academic medicine and advancing state-of-the-art research in cardiovascular medicine.
The Division, which is an integral part of BIDMC s Cardio Vascular Institute, includes some of the most highly-regarded cardiovascular experts in the world, and it is their exemplary patient care, teaching and research combined with the support of dedicated clinical and administrative that make possible the Division's many accomplishments.
JOB LOCATION: Boston, MA
REQ ID: 35422BR
JOB SUMMARY: The Pacemaker/ICD Technician Identifies normal and abnormal findings during basic device interrogation; reviews and analyze data form patient devices using knowledge and understanding of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures. Reports all pertinent findings to the appropriate physician.
* Identifies normal and abnormal findings during basic device interrogation. This includes pacemakers, ICDs, and cardiac resynchronization devices.
* Reviews and analyze data from implanted devices using specific programmers. Create summaries and reports of the findings and test results using knowledge and understanding of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
* Reports abnormal findings to the appropriate provider. At the direction of the physician, NP or PA, makes changes or adjustments as needed.
* Applies and removes programmer electrodes to patients. Answers questions from patients and family members regarding the equipment and procedure in a courteous and professional manner.
* Performs office Pacemaker/ICD interrogations.
* High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree in Health Sciences, Biology or a related field preferred.
* 3-5 years related work experience required in cardiac monitoring and analysis.
* Understanding of electric conduction system and indication for implantable device therapy.
* Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
* Certified Cardiac Technician (CCT) or/and Certified Rhythm Analysis Technician (CRAT) preferred
* Experience with implantable device remote monitoring preferred.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
* KNOWLEDGE: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
* TEAM WORK: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
AGE BASED COMPETENCIES:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
Equal Opportunity Employer
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth by the U.S. Department of Labor.