Package Gas Driver 1
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 6/4/2020
END DATE 8/5/2020
CLASS A OR B DRIVER WITH HAZMAT NEEDED FOR WACO,TX
POSITION SUMMARY :
Matheson is a member of one of the world's largest suppliers of gases and gas handling equipment. Matheson is a premier supplier of Industrial, Specialty and Medical Gases, Welding and Safety Supplies.
DRIVER WILL HAUL GAS CYLINDERS AND HARDGOODS MONDAY-FRIDAY FROM 6-8 AM TO 4-5PM
ALL LOCAL/HOME NIGHTLY
IF INTERESTED PLEASE EMAIL RESUME TO
CAN COMPLETE THE INTELLIAPP LINK PROVIDED BELOW
DIVISION & UNIT OVERVIEW
Matheson is a member of one of the world's largest suppliers of gases and gas handling equipment. Matheson is a premier supplier of Industrial, Specialty and Medical Gases, Welding and Safety Supplies, as well as Propane in bulk and cylinder form.
This position is responsible for the transportation of materials in a safe and timely manner by applying knowledge for commercial driving regulations, and roads in the area. The professional driver will be responsible for driving to and from designated locations, verifying loads to shipping papers, maintaining records of duty status according to State and Federal Regulations, and performing pre-trip and post-trip inspections. Must present a professional business image to the public as well as fellow employees. Must possess a valid commercial Class B Drivers License, Hazmat, Air Brake Endorsements, and Medical card; packaged gas straight truck driver; to include pumper, micro-bulk. Class A Drivers License & Tanker Endorsements preferred. This position reports to the Site Manager or Operations Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Transports cylinders to assigned internal and external customers in a timely and safety conscious manner. Stays within all posted speed limits and complies with all DOT and company safety policies and procedures.
* Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections on the vehicle. Maintains the vehicle in a clean and proper condition.
* Legibly completes driver log/trip reports on a daily basis.
* Responsible for accurate recording of cylinders/hard-goods transactions on customer delivery tickets and trip reports.
* Maintains good communications with supervisor and management especially safety and customer matters.
* Operates / Drives forklift truck as required for loading and unloading of product.
* Sets tone for employees by good example through observation of the company's Loss prevention policies and procedures. Reports accidents including near misses, unsafe acts or conditions and obeys safety rules.
* Uses effective time management tools in order to follow through on work commitments and scheduled deadlines associated with own job; obtains agreement of all stake-holders within a development program to identify issues, minimizes risks at an early stage, ensure safety, and on-time delivery.
* Participate as an active member of the local safety committee when assigned according to the rotation process.
* Filling Cryogenic Liquid Dewars.
* Provide first line technical support.
* Perform other projects and duties as assigned.
Matheson is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth under EEOC.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, Religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, or disability
EOE AA M/F/VET/Disability
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* Mandatory must possess a valid commercial Class B Drivers License, Hazmat, Air Brake Endorsements, and Medical card; packaged gas straight truck driver; to include pumper, micro-bulk. Class A Drivers License & Tanker Endorsements preferred.
* Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
* Must have previous commercial driving experience, or have graduated from an accredited commercial driving school.
* Minimum of one year road experience preferred with no previous moving violations for three years.
* Must be at least 21 years of age with an excellent driving record.
* Must be able to push cart 200 + lb. cylinders and bend/lift 50+lb containers.
* Must have the ability to read and write English language. Perform simple mathematical calculations. Must have ability to handle receipts; read maps, road signs, maintain record of duty status, etc.
* Ability to perform basic administrative functions and problem solving.
* Must be flexible with work hours.
* Prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and climbing.
* Capable of working in diverse weather and working conditions.
* Preferred previous experience in the cylinder gas specialty chemical industry.
Here are a few good reasons:
Compensation package including:
* Excellent Health Benefits Package; Medical, Dental, Vision
* Top-of-the-line 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
* Paid Time Off; Holidays, Floaters, & Sick
* Life Insurance
* Short-Term Disability
* Education Assistance
* Driver Referral Bonus
* Sales Referral Bonus