Packager, 2nd/ 3rd shift 6/5/2020
Dairy Farmers of America
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Work primarily in forklift operations, powder packaging, tote handling, housekeeping, and cleaning any other areas as assigned.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Perform the duties required to assure that assigned area is sanitary and clean.
* Prepare all packaging equipment and material for assigned area.
* Transport and store all packaged goods as required for food safety.
* Perform duties required to package finished product, including bulk fill and sealer operations, for quality product handling.
* Take lab testing samples of product in a sanitary manner.
* Add ingredients for mixing, as required.
* Complete and maintain all records as required, including computer system data input and inventory counts.
* Load and unload trailers.
* Dedicate effort to safety as we expect every employee to leave work in the same condition as they arrive.
* Follow all DFA good manufacturing practices (GMP) and work in a manner consistent with all corporate regulatory, food safety, quality, and sanitation requirements.
* Exhibit the values and ethics of Dairy Farmers of America through honesty, discretion, and sound judgment.
* Attend required training, including but not limited to Safety, GMP, Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP), and Safe Quality Foods (SQF).
* Adhere to all DFA Quality, Safety and GMP policies and procedures and report any nonconformity.
* The requirements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employee, but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Education and Experience
* High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
* 1 year of manufacturing experience
* Certification and/or License - None
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and company computer systems, specifically SAP
* Skill in proficient computer usage
* Skill in written and oral communication
* Able to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing
* Able to be proactive in seeking solutions
* Able to work in collaboration effectively and foster good teamwork
* Able to follow directions and meet deadlines
* Able to interpret and apply company policies
* Able to adapt and manage to change effectively
* Able to perform task and duties without constant supervision
* Able to take initiative in performing job and seek increased responsibilities
* Able to change task daily
* Able to operate a forklift
* Able to follow steps required to insure proper equipment operation
* Able to use all compounds used in assigned areas with no known allergies or reactions
* Able to read, write and speak English