PACKAGING MACHINE OPERATOR 8/21/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOHNS MANVILLE, manufacturer of quality building insulation, is hiring responsible, quality-minded individuals who have a history of working safely in a manufacturing environment or preferably experience working safely as PACKAGING MACHINE OPERTORS in our Willows, CA Plant.
This position involves operating packaging equipment, performing quality control inspections, and problem-solving to ensure the safe and smooth operation of equipment, product, and workers.
Packaging Machine Operators:
* Are responsible for safely operating and troubleshooting packaging equipment.
* Supports and promotes safe practices and environmental commitments in alignment with company commitments, policies, and compliance requirements.
* Monitoring product/process for quality and targeted efficiencies.
* Participating in housekeeping, safety, and continuous improvement activities.
* Work rotating, 12-hour shifts (7am-7pm, 7pm-7am).
* A high school diploma or GED.
* A high school level of language and reasoning skills.
* A commitment to support safe work practices in the work environment.
* The ability to read and understand items written and spoken in English.
* The ability to stand for long periods of time.
* The ability to lift as much as 50 lbs safely and with proper body mechanics.
* The ability to work in a broad range of temperatures (very hot to very cold).
* The ability to work in a dusty and sometimes stressful work environment.
Preferred Qualifications include: At least 3 years' experience in a manufacturing environment or previous experience with Johns Manville.
Johns Manville Willows is a tobacco-free, drug-free workplace. Candidates who are extended conditional offers of employment must submit to and pass a background check and post-offer, pre-employment tests, including a physical exam and a hair follicle drug-screen.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.