This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/15/2020
END DATE 5/30/2020
Cox Media Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
Cox Media Group is seeking a Regulatory Paralegal who will be responsible for supporting the Regulatory compliance function in the CMG Legal group. Support will focus on Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regulatory matters, including assistance with preparation and dissemination of communications and training materials, monitoring of FCC proceedings and activity, coordination with in-house and outside counsel on FCC filing, and managing the intake and disposition of requests for legal assistance. Role will also support some corporate compliance and governance efforts outside of the FCC compliance work.
* Manage the intake and disposition of requests for legal assistance on regulatory matters
* Assist with review of regulatory dockets and bulletins and development of processes for communicating key regulatory developments
* Assist in developing and implementing training materials and programs for regulatory compliance
* Assist with collection, preparation and review of information and materials associated with regulatory disclosures and filings, driving legal cost-efficiencies where feasible
* Coordinate and communicate with cross functional teams, including internal and outside counsel, on regulatory matters
* 3+ years of experience as a paralegal supporting regulatory work, preferably in an FCC regulated business environment or a firm or agency with FCC regulated clients
* Corporate compliance and governance experience is a plus
* Paralegal certificate from ABA approved program preferred
* Bachelor s degree
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Strong consultative and solution oriented mindset, treating clients and business partners as preferred customers
* Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to issue spot, and strong organizational skill
* Ability to navigate complex, fast-paced organizations, and develop and maintain strong working relations with diverse group of clients and business partners
* Ability to manage ambiguity, risk and changing direction of projects and strategies in high pressure situations that require sound decision making and may involve confidential or sensitive matters
COX MEDIA GROUP IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.