Paramedic Basic in Longmont, CO 7/26/2019
American Medical Response
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY *
PARAMEDIC BASIC IN LONGMONT, CO
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
Job Title: Paramedic Basic Reports To: Field Operations Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
SUMMARY: Under the guidance of the Operations Captain, the Paramedic is responsible for compassionately delivering high quality service and basic as well as, advanced patient care in a professional, caring and cost-effective manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
The following list represents the primary responsibilities of a Paramedic. The relative importance of these responsibilities may vary from region to region and should be discussed by each Paramedic with his/her supervisor.
* Assess each call situation to determine best course of action and appropriate protocol.
* Utilize medical equipment and procedures including defibrillator, EKG monitor, oxygen and suction devices, intravenous fluids, CPR and other procedures and medications as required to provide advanced medical care.
* Develop and utilize triage skills to provide optimal efficiency during calls.
* Provide patient care according to clinical protocols and safety requirements.
* Lift and move patients as required to provide optimum care.
* Communicate with receiving facility to receive medical direction and to provide critical information.
* Communicate with patient and loved ones to provide information and assurance that care is being given, and to show compassion.
* Act as team leader and take responsibility for scene management as needed.
* Drive the ambulance and provide map reading support to minimize call response time.
* Keep current on certifications.
* Coach and educate partners of new and changing information as necessary.
* Communicate with dispatcher to receive and understand call data and customer feedback.
* Monitor and maintain the general condition of the unit, keep it clean and stocked for optimal call response to maintain the image of AMR.
* Participate in community programs to maintain AMR image and establish strong community relations.
* Document activities completely to ensure appropriate information is available regarding each call.
* Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
* Follow policies and procedures regarding out-of-chute times and turnaround times.
* Negotiate with customers regarding additional service when appropriate (e.g., return transport).
* Consider patient status and insurance preferred facilities when determining transportation destinations.
* Ability to work past scheduled shift with little or no notice.
* Effective information systems security is a team effort involving the participation and support of every AMR employee who deals with information and/or information systems. It is the responsibility of every computer user to:
* Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures
* Attend Information Systems security training, when offered
* Report information systems security problems
High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
Must be at least 21 years of age
Possess a valid Colorado Driver s License
Driving record in compliance with AMR policy regarding insurability
Colorado State Paramedic Certification including current ACLS and CPR certification
Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, work independently and as a team member, employ discretion and confidentiality in sensitive areas, read, interpret, and follow instructions.
EOE including Veterans and Disabled