Part Time Cook
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2020
END DATE 9/20/2020
Good Samaritan Society
Prescott Valley, AZ
JOB DESCRIPTIONLocation: Good Samaritan Society Prescott Valley
Address: 3380 N Windsong Dr, Prescott Valley, AZ 86314-0000 USA
Employment Type: Part-Time
Shift: 8 Hours - Varied Shifts
Good Samaritan Society Prescott Valley is an exciting environment where we assist many in recovery to return home, while building meaningful relationships with residents who will stay for the long term. Our management has an open door policy, and are both positive and helpful. Good Samaritan Society-Prescott Valley is a newer facility that has a CMS 4 Star rating. This is your opportunity to do wonderful work with amazing people in an enjoyable and calm environment. Enjoy the year round climate, big city amenities with a small town feel and lots of indoor and outdoor attractions in Prescott Valley, AZ.
The Good Samaritan Society is the nation's largest non-profit senior care company. With nearly 100 years of charting new territory, the Society offers an opportunity to weave together imagination with reality and ultimately transform the aging experience in America. Now, partnering with Sanford Health, we are able to provide care through all stages of life. Throughout our organization, you will be part of a family, offering love and compassion to residents as part of a dedicated and diverse care team.
* Shift Times 600am-200pm
* Coordinates production, prepares and serves nutritious, appealing meals to residents following orders, standards, and regulations. Assists with development of pleasing and unique recipes and menu creation.
* Maintains continuous quality improvement of meals prepared and served daily. Responsible for kitchen/dining management as assigned, including delegation of kitchen cleanliness and education/training of cleaning policies.
* Receives and shares information; observes and reports resident conditions to appropriate staff. Provides residents with opportunities for independence and choice consistent with their service plans.
* Keeps residents' dining areas pleasant and orderly. Checks equipment before use and notifies supervisors or maintenance staff of problems.
* Operates dishwashing and kitchen equipment safely.
* Work at special events (i.e., open houses, group meetings, special meals, brunches etc.) as needed; sets up and cleans dining room, multi-purpose rooms or other rooms as needed; helps prepare and serve food for special events.
* Follows location infection control procedures and OSHA and CDC guidelines that apply to blood borne pathogens while serving food, assisting residents and cleaning.
* Washes hands per facility guidelines, performs cleaning duties in kitchen and dining area; may include dishwashing. Cleans and sanitizes equipment as assigned.
* AZ Level 1 Fingerprint card
* Prior work experience in quantity cooking and therapeutic diets or related experience in a similar type of setting is preferred.
* Ability to measure and comprehend certain quantities.
* Certification as a food protection manager by ServSafe or other equivalent ANSI approved program is preferred before assuming duties of person in charge.
* Basic ability to communicate and comprehend. Able to demonstrate knowledge of foodborne disease prevention and apply food safety principles.
The Good Samaritan Society offers an attractive, employee-approved benefits package for qualifying full-time and part-time employees. The variety of benefits include health benefits, a retirement plan, work/life balance benefits, voluntary benefits and much more! To review all of the great benefits and benefit eligibility, visit https//www.good-sam.com/jobs/benefits
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or other protected status. For more information including state-specific protections, please visit https//www.good-sam.com/lp/careers/eeo-and-affirmative-action
Req ID: req44156