This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2019
END DATE 9/29/2019
JOB DESCRIPTIONEvery few years, a company emerges and transforms an industry. Instacart been leading the evolution of a $800B retail market, and redefining how people shop for groceries. In a few short years we've launched same-day delivery in over 200 major North American markets, provided flexible work to tens of thousands of Personal Shoppers on our platform, and have helped sell and deliver more than $1B in grocery products.
As an In-Store Shopper, you get to make someone?s day each time you shop! Instacart Shoppers help their customers and community by giving back valuable time and enabling easy access to their favorite grocery stores.
What you?ll do
- Shop for groceries using Instacart?s proprietary Shopper App
- Become an expert in your store and its products
- Ensure each customer gets all their items, or a great replacement, in perfect condition every time
- Communicate with the customer to ensure they understand any changes
- Work with our fun, friendly team to pick, pack, and stage orders as efficiently as possible
What you get
- Multiple scheduling options that work with your life
- Be part of a diverse and dynamic team at one of the fastest-growing startups in the world
- A first step toward becoming a supervisor, manager, and beyond ? over 10% of Instacart?s corporate employees are former Shoppers
As a team member at Instacart, you?ll be expected to live our values every day.
- Solve for the customer ? Do whatever it takes to ensure each customer has a great experience with Instacart
- This is your baby ? Take ownership of every order by picking fresh, high-quality items and packing them with care
- Every minute counts ? Shop every order as efficiently as possible, and use your down time to help others
- Go far together ? Support your teammates in doing their best work
- Of course, but maybe ? Help us improve a little bit every day, and be open to change. We?re a startup!
- 18+ years old
- Eligible to work in the US
- Able to safely lift and carry 30 pounds without assistance
- Consistent access to a recent smartphone (iPhone 4S or above or Android 4.0+)
- Available to work Sundays and/or Mondays
- Available to work at least 16 hours each week
- No car required!
This is great role if you have previous experience in the grocery industry (such as a personal shopper, cashier, stocker, customer service representative, produce buyer), or if you just think shopping is fun. And we welcome candidates who may also be working with companies like like Lyft, Uber Eats, or Postmates.
Instacart is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. For all individuals applying to work in SF, we will consider qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of the SF Fair Chance Ordinance. Apply in under 5 minutes! Attend an in-person session and start work in as little as one week!