Part Time Virtual Course Facilitator - Elementary Education 6/6/2020
Allegheny Intermediate Unit
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Allegheny Intermediate Unit is seeking a PART TIME VIRTUAL COURSE FACILITATOR professional for its WATERFRONT LEARNING PROGRAM to work with clients remotely. We are looking for an experienced and motivated person to join our team of professionals who make a positive difference in childrens lives every day. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced professional environment, this is the position for you. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Find a home at the AIU!
JOB TITLE: Virtual Course Facilitator
The Temporary Virtual Course Facilitator is responsible for instruction and student achievement, virtual learning environment maintenance, and the professional responsibilities required to provide high quality, leading edge experiences for all learners. The highly qualified facilitator engages in the daily monitoring of attendance, progress, pacing and performance, while recording all communications, interventions and supports in the web-based student information system.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Supports students using technology and electronic curriculum in a virtual environment while integrating various technological solutions and techniques, including supplementing and reinforcing the curriculum and student achievement with online and offline materials and activities.
2. Creates a Plan of Study for each student that is conducive to learning and reflects the appropriate academic ability level of the student.
3. Develops curricular objectives and academic expectations that are in alignment with PA Common Core standards and are integrated with the Pennsylvania Standards Aligned System (SAS).
4. Creates and maintains accurate records of student attendance, pacing, performance, progress and communication throughout the online learning experience.
5. Evaluates all student submissions and provides timely, documented feedback for journals, test reviews, subjective questions, projects, or any other authentic assessment experience.
6. Develops, executes, monitors and revises a Student Academic Support Plan to meet the rigor of individual general education and special education expectations, additional data for consideration in the plan development can include shared needs, interests or prior performance levels.
7. Guided by the by the AIUs Acceptable Use Policy, takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment and materials within the learning environment.
8. Schedules and communicates regular office hours for the purposes of providing student support and academic intervention to assist the student in attaining defined academic goals.
9. Attends and participates in all staff meeting, trainings, and professional development opportunities, documents regular collaboration and learning from the assigned mentor.
10. Complies with all Federal, State PDE, and AIU policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
1. Pennsylvania Teaching Certificate in area relevant to the teaching assignment required.
2. Bachelors Degree in Education required, three (3) to five (5) years teaching experience preferred.
3. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
4. Knowledge and skill in electronic curriculum applications and in the use of technology to deliver curriculum, instruction and assessment in a virtual environment.
5. Skilled in use of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, PowerPoint, Access, Excel and Outlook, Internet search engines and email applications.
6. Proficiency with multimedia communication tools, such as discussion boards, web logs, email, instant messaging, podcasts or web-conferencing tools.
7. Organizational skills, initiative and ability to work with limited supervision
The Allegheny Intermediate Unit is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.