Partner Alliance Manager - Remote 5/7/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Summary
* The alliance manager needs to have an understanding of financials, business, development, and sales to drive continuous program growth. At the same time, the alliance manager needs to be able to think outside the box and identify new opportunities in the relationship in order to continuously develop, fine tune, and evolve the alliance.
* AVI-SPL is seeking an energetic professional to manage business strategy and on-site, in-field engagements with our global vendor partner. Do you have the business savvy and industry expertise necessary to position our global partner as the partner of choice within AVI-SPL? As an AVI-SPL Partner Alliance Manager, you will have the exciting opportunity to deliver on our strategy to build mind share within our company and the partner. Relationships between AVI-SPL and partner will be well managed and mutually beneficial to both companies with a "yes" and "can-do" attitude at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Aligning with partner goals and objectives to exceed the revenue, growth and objectives targets is critical
* Assisting with any partner net new needs and requirements requested by partner National Channel Manager
* Consistently managing, developing programs for, and aligning strategy to partner defined revenue goals and driving top of mind awareness.
* Assisting and coordinating with the Regional Samsung teams to ensure quarterly consistent field trainings and sales engagement efforts across all AVI-SPL offices
* Managing sales growth with all sales teams (inside, field, channel, verticals and global accounts) with both the partner and AVI-SPL
* Demonstrating ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and iterate on a compelling value proposition around larger Ecosystem partners
* Evangelize partner within AVI-SPL and drive engagement with executive, marketing and sales. Advocating at all times for partner within AVI-SPL and conversely advocating for AVI-SPL at all times within partner
* Serve as a contact, with Samsung taking the lead, between AVI-SPL Marketing and partner Channel Marketing and assist the Samsung lead in managing joint marketing funds and programs.
* Drive tight forecasting alignment with the partner. delivering regular monthly forecasts of our performance including metrics and reports post fiscal periods outlining the details of activities undertaken by the Partner Alliance Manager and which activities demonstrate your contribution to the business objectives
* Focus on business development and joint go-to-market responsibility to develop highly valued and differentiated joint solutions between AVI-SPL and our strategic partner.
* Drive the companies' initiatives for industry leadership in video and markets that Samsung serves for example the Direct View LED market.
* Assist the teams with selling to large opportunities through the sales cycle (identify, validate, qualify, close) including communications with, and gaining approvals from multiple business units and account managers
* Work with operations, systems integration and services lines of businesses on technical certifications and requirements as needed.
Other duties assigned as needed
Skills and Abilities
* Proven ability to build, lead and execute strategy in a cross-functional environment.
* Strong ability to focus and execute in a changing environment; ability to make things happen.
* Demonstrated analytical, organizational, and project management skills, using relevant information to make timely and critical decisions that affect cross-functional teams and has a substantial impact on investments and program effectiveness.
* Demonstrable proof of producing measurable results of influenced revenue or channel sales through global strategic alliance partnerships
* Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships while delivering results in a global organization.
* Strong drive and character qualities that match with company core values and inspires others to follow and act
* Ability to work and think independently and ensuring to meet deadlines
* Demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality and handle sensitive matters with discretion
* Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
* Must have clear and professional communication skills (written and oral) both internally and externally
* Effective communication and interaction with employees, clients, and colleagues and the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization
* Demonstrated customer service focus and client communication skills
Education and/or Experience
* Bachelor's Degree in Business, or related field required
* 3-5 years business development in the AV and or construction industry
* Experience with commercial displays or direct LED markets is an asset
* Demonstrated experience leading complex operational and strategic initiatives
* Familiarity with AV systems a plus
* Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
* Understanding of Salesforce, is a plus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The work environment is generally moderate in noise (inter-office conversations and computers/printers).
The physical demands of this position are those that are necessary to meet the responsibilities and essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* This position regularly requires employees to sit, walk, and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment
* This position does not have direct reports
AVI-SPL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law
Up to 40% travel required.