Patient Access Services Coordinator 8/19/2020
Cooley Dickinson Hospital (CDH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Patient Access Services Coordinator is responsible for performing various duties involved in admitting in-patients, out-patients, emergency patients, and clinic patients. This includes cashiering and pre-certification verification, acting as a custodian of patient valuables and safekeeping, maintaining petty cash fund, assisting in the resolution of admission, billing, or other problems related to the collection of an account balance, as well as maintaining Patient Access Services Department records and statistics.
This position reports to the Patient Access Services Supervisor and operates within established organizational and departmental policies and procedures.
* High school diploma or equivalent required
* One (1) to three (3) years administrative and in-person customer service experience required, preferably in a health care setting, patient access services experience preferred.
* Familiarity with and understanding of hospital admissions, patient account systems, and major health insurers and general coverage issues preferred
* Previous cashiering experience preferred
* Demonstrated typing proficiency, personal computer, and CRT experience required, Enterprise Scheduling System experience preferred
* Demonstrated interpersonal, oral and written communication skills required
It is the policy of Cooley Dickinson Health Care to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cooley Dickinson Health Care will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Cooley Dickinson Health Care embraces diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, and encourages people of color, veterans, people with disabilities, LGBTQ candidates, and people from other underrepresented groups to apply.