Patient Accounts Representative - Patient Accounts (FT)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 6/4/2020
END DATE 8/6/2020
Patient Accounts, 2 Crescent Place, Oceanport, NJ 07757
The Patient Accounts Representative position supports the reduction of Accounts Receivables. The Representative may also perform a variety of duties including assisting patients directly with their bill or other financial aspects of their care, correspondence response, billing and re-billing, certain denial issues, prompt handling of A/R credits and trend monitoring.
* Take actions that will support maximization of collection of balances due or account resolution from all sources. Meets Quality and Productivity expectations.
* Facilitate account resolution. Accurately identify, follow-up on, or correct billing errors, lower than expected reimbursement, or denials for correction for submission or resubmission to patients and/or insurance carriers. Accurately perform actions on accounts that will result in the least amount of time and effort to bring an account to resolution based on job specific priority matrix.
* Timely identify, research, and resolution any issues that may cause delays in payment or account resolution. Identify and recommend opportunities to improve collections and follow-up activities
* Work collaboratively across teams, with peers, and revenue cycle departments.
* HS diploma
* 1-2 years experience in healthcare insurance billing or account follow-up
* Strong knowledge of Patient Accounting systems
* Must be able to work in a team environment that requires quick turnaround and quality output
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We offer a great work environment, competitive rates and excellent benefits, including:
* Medical/Dental/Vision plans
* 401 (k)
* Vacation/Personal/Holiday/Sick Time Off
* Short & Long Term Disability
* Basic Life & Accidental Death Insurance
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
RWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care delivery system in New Jersey and the state s second largest private employer with more than 32,000 employees, 9,000 physicians and 1,000 residents and interns. The system includes eleven acute care hospitals, three acute care children s hospitals and a leading pediatric rehabilitation hospital (Children s Specialized Hospital).
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer