PATIENT ADVOCATE HSRX 6/6/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About HealthSmart
HealthSmart is the premier provider of customizable and scalable health plan solutions for self-funded employers. We reduce costs and improve outcomes, all the while treating our health plan members with dignity and respect. But that's just the beginning of our story - We make differences in peoples' lives every single day!
We're a company of innovators.
We deliver health benefit plans and solutions to provide worry-free, self-funded plan administration, quality coverage, and innovative care.
We provide care management services that change lives and helps employers and members take control of healthcare costs.
HealthSmartRx Solutions delivers extremely attractive pharmacy benefits with an Rx discount program.
Our Network Solutions group offers national, comprehensive provider networks to provide member access to the right care.
HealthSmart Casualty Claims Solutions leverages technology, robust information and unmatched experience to deliver innovative casualty claims management solutions with outstanding results.
We offer business intelligence and web-based reporting. Plus, we offer a variety of health and wellness initiatives and even onsite employer clinics.
At HealthSmart, the Patient Advocate HSRx supports patients and families by accessing financial resources for Pharmaceutical co-pays through Not-For-Profit Organizations and Manufacturer Programs. This role works directly with patients and families to answer questions regarding their insurance benefit structure and assists in obtaining information required for applications and processes needed for medications and co-pay amounts for treatment.
* 2 years experience working with patient financial assistance
* Ability to guide patients and families to best-fit patient financial services
* Proven effective outreach to current resources/programs and patient financial resources
* Experience interacting with Non-For-Profit foundations, Manufacturer programs and state programs
* Comprehensive and expressive communication skills, both verbal and written
* Desire to care, inspire, and deliver HealthSmart services as a Patient Advocate
* Handle sensitive information discreetly and respectably
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
* Enroll members on-site or by calling and emailing patients or designated family members
* Maintain member records in salesforce or other approved documentation program
* Assist with program and process applications by filling out applications with patient information
* Obtain and handle patient documents required for applications with complete confidentiality
* Cultivate PAP s, Manufacturer and other assistance programs relationships to secure funding for medications and treatments
* Address problems and concerns related to pharmacy financial needs to/for patients and families
* Serve as a liaison between patients, physicians, advocacy funded programs and other financial assistances
* Understand current health insurance and pharmacy benefit coverage
* Navigate multiple systems to ensure the resources provided best-fit the patients needs
* Update database with diagnosis s, recommended medications and treatments, and financial resource utilized
* Provide information to patients and families regarding their benefit plan and pharmacy benefit coverage
* Maintain professional relationships and convey information to authorized members
* Initiate priorities to peers and collaborate with cross functional teams on operational and sales initiatives
* Maintain files, process incoming calls, emails and provide other general support to members
* Resolves problems/issues correctly and independently
* Escalates any unresolved member enrollment issues to leadership
* Deliver database and system analytics to leadership
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, and hear
* The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
* The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus
* The work is performed primarily in an office setting
* The noise level in the work environment is moderate
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
HealthSmart provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed..