Patient Benefit Representative 8/21/2020
Saint Louis, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We're a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
At Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals - careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart. Join us and discover why Modern Healthcare Magazine named us in its "Top 100 Places to Work."
* The Patient Benefit Representative is responsible for facilitating all components related to insurance and benefit analysis prior to the delivery of services.
* This position must have a strong understanding of various insurances and stay abreast of payor requirements.
* The Patient Benefit Representative is responsible for reviewing patient appointments and/or admissions, obtaining information related to out of pocket financial responsibility, securing necessary authorizations, performing insurance management, securing insurance referral requirements and coordinates as needed with insurance companies to ensure timely reimbursement.
Experience and Education Requirements
Experience with medical terminology and insurance plans preferred. High School diploma required some college helpful.
Minimum Skills, Knowledge and Ability Requirements
* Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, excellent telephone etiquette required.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, physicians, clinical and non-clinical hospital staff and insurance companies.
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
* Ability to work under stress, meet deadlines and perform all daily assignments with consistent accuracy.
We Offer Great Benefits:
Day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds are just a few of the great benefits offered to eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
We're bringing to life a healing ministry through compassionate care.
At Mercy, our supportive community will be behind you every step of your day, especially the tough ones. You will have opportunities to pioneer new models of care and transform the health care experience through advanced technology and innovative procedures. We're expanding to help our communities grow. Join us and be a part of it all.
What Makes You a Good Match for Mercy?
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and unafraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care - that's just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply.
benefits, customer service, insurance