Patient Care Tech Days
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 7/31/2020
END DATE 9/25/2020
Fort Walton Beach Medical Center
Fort Walton Beach, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONDESCRIPTION SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
FORT WALTON BEACH MEDICAL CENTER is a 267-bed top-performing quality hospital with over 200 of the most highly respected and qualified physicians in the area. It is the only acute care hospital in the Tri-County area that offers open heart surgery, an Advanced Primary Stroke Center accredited by the Joint Commission and an Accredited Chest Pain Center. An affiliate of the UAB Cancer Community Network, Fort Walton offers a Cancer Care Center that is accredited by the Commission on Cancer. Fort Walton Beach Medical Center also provides advanced care for critically ill patients, including cardiovascular and trauma injury care, and emergency services, including a main ER, Pediatric ER and Destin ER. Fort Walton Beach Medical Center is in partnership with Twin Cities Hospital, located in Niceville. We are also the parent company of the Rehabilitation Institute, both located in Destin.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Patient Care Technician (PCT) delivers high quality, patient-centered care by performing a variety of delegated basic patient care services related to common nursing functions and activities of daily living. Under the supervision of the registered nurse (RN), the PCT assists the nursing staff in providing patient care in accordance with the PCT's skills/training and the needs of the Department, and consistently assists the patient care team with maintaining a clean, well-organized, and safe patient care environment. The PCT complies with all hospital policies/procedures and observes the State Board of Nursing rules for unlicensed personnel.
* Participates in the implementation of nursing care plans by performing direct and indirect patient care under the supervision of the licensed nurse.
* Obtains and records initial and ongoing patient information throughout the cycle of care, including admissions data, vital signs, height and weight, blood pressure, oxygen saturation, blood glucose levels, intake and output, and calorie counts.
* Documents observations, interactions, patient responses to performed activities, and any physical or behavioral changes at time of occurrence. Reports observations of individual patients to the RN/Team Leader.
* Assists with mobility by regular turning and positioning, dangling, and ambulating patients. Assists with use of walkers, crutches, canes, and wheelchairs. Transfers patients to and from other units, departments, or entities. Assists with discharges. Demonstrates proper body mechanics.
* Provides or assists with non-medicated support care, including non-sterile dressing changes, skin protection, application of heat or ice, and venous compression devices.
* Obtains or assists in the collection of specimens for diagnostic or waived tests. Ensures accuracy of all labels and timely transfer of specimen.
* Retrieves medication from pharmacy, storage room, or tube system and delivers to licensed staff member as instructed.
* Assists with patient preparation for surgery or other procedure.
* Orients patients/families/caregivers to room and hospital routine.
* Assists patients with activities of daily living to include eating and drinking, bathing, shaving, oral care, grooming, and elimination. Changes bed linens as needed.
* Performs hourly rounding and responds promptly to call lights and patient requests. Strives to anticipate patient needs and resolve them proactively.
* Follows patient and employee safety/security policies and protocols, including hand hygiene, use of universal precautions,use of personal protective equipment, and adherence to isolation procedures.
* Prepares and maintains clean, hazard-free patient rooms. Empties trash and removes soiled linens.
* Assists with post-mortem care.
* Assists in the setup, removal, and cleaning of equipment. Identifies malfunctioning equipment and initiates repairs.
* Performs clerical work as needed, including assembling and maintain charts, filing, answering and transferring phones, and relaying messages.
* Promotes consistent, positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service.
* Demonstrates excellent communication skills, including active listening. Ensures patients, physicians, and colleagues have a clear understanding of all communications.
* Engages in evidence-based best practices that enhance the patient experience, including SAFETY rounding, communication fundamentals/AIDET, Teach-Back, Narrating Care, etc.
* Participates as an active member of the health care team and positively promotes the rest of the team to patients/families/caregivers and other colleagues.
* Maintains a professional appearance and demonstrates behaviors consistent with established policies/procedures.
* Seeks opportunities to impact the growth of the organization by promoting excellence in patient experience and providing high quality care to the patients served.
* Monitors unit and individual patient rooms to assess availability of supplies. Restocks to optimum levels as instructed.
* Utilizes charge system for supplies and equipment.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Practices and adheres to the \\"Code of Conduct\\" and Mission and Value Statement.\\"
YOUR BENEFITS INCLUDE:
Paid Time Off
Medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability benefits
Employee discount program
Employee stock purchase program
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
* CNA Training Program Preferred
* 1+ Years of Experience in Acute Care Setting
* BLS - AHA Healthcare Provider required upon hire
* Current FL CNA License Preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
* HONORS OUR MISSION AND VALUES: Ability to build trust and act with authenticity to cultivate a culture of integrity, inclusion, and mutual respect.
* EXHIBITS COMPASSION: Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to the needs and concerns of others and to treat others with the utmost respect, dignity, courtesy, and confidentiality.
* COMMUNICATES EFFECTIVELY: Ability to deliver verbal and written information in a clear, concise manner to ensure comprehension and achieve desired results.
* PRIORITIZES TASKS: Ability to shift attention between multiple activities and competing demands, and to manipulate the order of tasks by importance.
* WORKS WELL WITH OTHERS: Ability to interface directly with public, physicians, staff, patients, administration and ancillary/support department representatives to achieve optimal outcomes and high quality, patient-centered care.
* DEMONSTRATES PROFESSIONALISM: Ability to take personal responsibility for job action and performance, comprehend and perform job responsibilities, and adhere to the policies and procedure of the facility.
* EMBRACES LEARNING: Ability to actively learn and follow instructions, policies, and procedures in a timely fashion, including the ability to learn new techniques or procedures without incurring overwhelming stress.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.