Patient Care Technician FT 6:45pm-7:15am 4 Blue Ortho/Surg 8/21/2020
Truman Medical Centers, Inc
Kansas City, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
If you want to work where the action is, Truman Medical Centers/University Health (TMC/UH) is the place for you. Known as Kansas City s Essential Hospital, TMC/UH is the safety net healthcare system for Jackson County/Kansas City. We are an academic medical center, serving as the primary teaching institution for the UMKC Schools of Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry, and Pharmacy. A 547-bed, not-for-profit health system, TMC/UH delivers the highest-quality medical care for our patients, with compassion, empathy, and unparalleled dedication to service. During the 2020 pandemic, we also stepped forward as a regional leader in COVID care and testing. TMC/UH is comprised of three campuses:
TMC/UH Heath Sciences District is located in downtown Kansas City, Missouri. The Health Sciences District represents a robust academic community, leading the forefront of biomedical research and cutting edge technology. Partnered with UMKC and Children s Mercy Hospital, Truman Medical Centers serves as the cornerstone in educating the next generation of healthcare practitioners. As a Level 1 Trauma Center, we re a leader in Emergency Medicine and Critical Care, with world-class expertise in chronic disease management and women s services, including high-risk maternity care. The Health Sciences District is also home to the University Health building , TMC s beautiful specialty outpatient clinics and day-surgery center. We will soon open University Health 2, which will house all of our primary care and women s care clinics.
TMC/UH Lakewood is located between Kansas City and Lee s Summit, Missouri, offering residents of Eastern Jackson County access to a modern community hospital with a continuum of outpatient services designed to meet the needs of families. TMC/UH Lakewood specializes in high-risk maternal and child care, and serves as one of the few Kansas City metro area institutions accredited by The Joint Commission in Orthopedics and Palliative Care. It also is home to a 188-bed, fully accredited long-term care center.
TMC/UH Behavioral Health is the KC metro area s largest, most comprehensive provider of mental health services. The Healing Canvas Building, located in Kansas City s vibrant Crossroads Arts District, is its epicenter, providing a broad list of outpatient services. We also offer psychiatric inpatient care, and we deliver therapeutic services through our community outreach clinics. We are a leader in the Trauma-Informed Care Movement, and provide training, coaching and consulting to outside organizations.
The Patient Care Technician (PCT) will provide care to patients in an acute care setting. Utilize a variety of technical skills that have been validated through a formalized training program. Perform duties in a manner consistent with established nursing standards of practice and the mission of Truman Medical Center.
To see what it's like to work at TMC, check out our video below. Come Join Us!!
* High school diploma or GED.
* Current BCLS certification when hired; certification must be kept current for continued employment
* Unlicensed Assistive Personnel training or the training requirements will be waived if an employee demonstrates competency in the content areas required by regulatory requirements; in the duties specific to their job and the patient population assigned; or meets one of the requirements as defined below:
* Was a professional nursing or practical nursing licensure candidate who failed to pass the state licensure examinations in the past three (3) years; or
* Is enrolled in a professional or practical nursing education program and has completed a fundamentals of nursing course; or
* Possesses current certification as a nursing assistant per Missouri state regulations; or
* Has documented education as an emergency medical technician, medical assistant or surgical technician; or
* Has two (2) years documented experience as a nurse assistant in the past three (3) years; or
* Has completed a professional or licensed practical nursing program outside the United States and is awaiting the licensure examination in this country.
* UAP s from staffing agencies shall comply with the position requirements.
6:45PM - 7:15AM (12 HR SHIFT)
Truman Medical Centers is committed to being a leader in providing culturally inclusive health care services for patients in ways that are effective, fair, respectful, and culturally competent and in providing a culturally inclusive workplace for employees. We value and celebrate our differences, which include, but are not limited to, race, ethnicity, language, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, literacy, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, mobility, abilities, and belief systems.