Patient Care Technician 8/21/2020
TriStar Summit Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join TriStar Summit Medical Center as a Patient Care Technician. Our facility is a part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Summit Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
* Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
* Paid Personal Leave
* 401k (100% annual match - 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
* Identity Theft Protection discounts
* Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
* Adoption Assistance
Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
We are seeking a Patient Care Technician for our facility to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and we are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
The Patient Care Technician delivers high quality, patient-centered care by performing a variety of basic services related to common nursing functions and activities of daily living. Under the supervision of the Registered Nurse, the Patient Care Tech has an important role in the implementation of nursing care plans by performing direct and indirect patient care that complies with hospital policies and the State Board of Nursing rules for unlicensed personnel.
You will obtain and record initial and ongoing patient information throughout the cycle of care, including admissions data, vital signs, height and weight, blood pressure, oxygen saturation, blood glucose levels, intake and output, and calorie counts. * Providing or assisting with non-medicated support care, including non-sterile dressing changes, skin protection, application of heat or ice, and venous compression devices is core to your role.
* You must orient patients/families/caregivers to room and the hospital routine.
* You will assist patients with activities of daily living to include eating and drinking, bathing, shaving, oral care, grooming, and changing bed linens.
* In this role, you will perform hourly rounding and respond promptly to call lights and patient requests--striving to anticipate patient needs and resolve them proactively.
* You will perform clerical work as needed, including assembling/maintaining charts, filing, answering/transferring phones, and relaying messages.
Celebrating 25 years of providing quality healthcare to Davidson, Wilson and surrounding counties, TriStar Summit is a 218-bed comprehensive facility offering a full array of acute care services, including cardiology, emergency, oncology, orthopedics/spine, rehabilitation and women's services. Our 24/7 Level III Trauma ER is an Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI and a Primary Stroke Center, which makes TriStar Summit a leading provider of emergency heart and stroke care.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications for our Patient Care Technician opening. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
* American Heart Association or Red Cross BLS Certification
* Certification as Nursing Assistant/Technician preferred
* Minimum of 1 year nurse technician experience in an acute care hospital or
* Current enrollment in Nursing School with completion of fundamentals nursing course.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.