Patient Care Technician PRN
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 11/16/2019
END DATE 12/5/2019
Henrico Doctors Hospital
JOB DESCRIPTIONDESCRIPTION SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
HENRICO DOCTORS' HOSPITAL is a 340-bed community hospital offering a full range of healthcare services. We specialize in heart and stroke care, women's health, orthopedics and groundbreaking diagnostic imaging. We're also a national trendsetter in kidney transplants through the Virginia Transplant Center and as part of the Virginia Institute of Robotic Surgery, we lead the state in minimally-invasive procedures with da Vinci robotic-assisted surgeries.
ABOUT CARDIAC STEP DOWN UNIT (CSU):
* 18 beds unit.
* The patient population includes post cardiac surgery, valve repair, chest pains, coronary artery, cardio thoracic surgery, telemetry.
* Provide a comforting, safe and healing environment for patients and their families. The RN cares for patients across the lifespan, ranging in age from infant to geriatric.
The PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN PRN administers patient care and related activities, services and/or procedures to promote the physical and emotional health and personal comfort needs of assigned patients.
* Responsible for the daily hygiene, ambulation, and turning of patients. Assists with the delivery of food trays and assists with patient feeding as needed.
* Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate, utilizing computerized documentation systems.
* Maintains confidentiality of patient, employee, and department information.
* Provides encouragement, support, and comfort to patients and family members.
* Communicates effectively and professionally with staff, supervisors, ancillary departments, and other customers.
* Assists in maintaining a neat and orderly unit, including: equipment, linen, patient rooms, kitchen and utility rooms.
* Performs these functions in accordance with state Nursing Practice Acts and generic/unit structure standards.
* High School Graduate or GED (required)
* Successful completion of a nursing assistant training program OR if currently enrolled in Nursing school, completion of Nursing Fundamentals course (required)
* Licensure by the Virginia Board of Nursing as a Nursing Assistant, required if not currently enrolled in a Professional Nursing Program
* American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
* Weekend & Holiday Requirements
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND WE VALUE DIVERSITY AT OUR COMPANY. WE DO NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, RELIGION, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, AGE, MARITAL STATUS, VETERAN STATUS, OR DISABILITY STATUS.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.