Patient Care Technician Renal Care
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2020
END DATE 9/19/2020
Henrico Doctors' Hospital
SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities as a PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Henrico Doctors Hospital, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Henrico Doctors Hospital, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
* Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
* Paid Personal Leave
* 401k (100% annual match 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
* Identity Theft Protection discounts
* Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
* Adoption Assistance
* Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Our Patient Care Technicians (PCT) work under the supervision of the Registered Nurse (RN), and assist the nursing staff in providing patient care. You will deliver high quality, patient-centered care services related to common nursing functions and activities of daily living.
* You will work closely with the clinical team to create and implement a care plan by performing direct and indirect patient care under the supervision of the licensed nurse.
* Obtain and record initial and ongoing patient information throughout the cycle of care.
* Document observations, interactions, patient responses to performed activities, and any physical or behavioral changes at time of occurrence.
* You will assist with patient mobility by regularly turning, positioning, and ambulating as well as transferring patients to and from other units/departments.
* Clerical duties include assembling and maintaining charts, filing, answering and transferring phones, and relaying messages.
OUR RENAL CARE UNIT:
* 18 bed unit
* Critical care step-down unit specializing in the care of acute and chronic kidney patients ranging from acute kidney injury, new start dialysis, kidney transplant, overloaded, peritoneal dialysis, or septic patients to any critical care telemetry patient. The patients are connected to cardiac telemetry monitors
* Fast-paced unit seeking team members who possess a positive attitude, promotion of teamwork, and a willingness to learn
* Renal Care was awarded the PRIDE award as a unit which further exemplifies the outstanding nursing care given on this unit.
HENRICO DOCTORS HOSPITAL is a 340-bed Level II Trauma Center offering a full range of healthcare services. We specialize in heart and stroke care, women's health, orthopedics and groundbreaking diagnostic imaging. We're also a national trendsetter in kidney transplants through the Virginia Transplant Center and as part of the Virginia Institute of Robotic Surgery, we lead the state in minimally-invasive procedures with da Vinci robotic-assisted surgeries.
* CNA certification in the Commonwealth of Virginia through the Board of Health Professions is preferred.
* Previous healthcare experience in an acute care setting is preferred.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND WE VALUE DIVERSITY AT OUR COMPANY. WE DO NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, RELIGION, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, AGE, MARITAL STATUS, VETERAN STATUS, OR DISABILITY STATUS.
Our Company s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here .
FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR JOB APPLICATION OR THIS SITE PLEASE CONTACT HCAHRANSWERS AT 1-844-422-5627 OPTION 1.