Patient Financial Counselor 8/21/2020
Portsmouth Regional Hospital
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION SHIFT: No Weekends
PATIENT FINANCIAL COUNSELOR - FT DAYS (NO WEEKEND)
PARALLON - PORTSMOUTH REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER
333 Borthwick Ave Portsmouth, NH 03801
Parallon provides Patient Access to Portsmouth Regional Medical Center and is responsible for the timely and accurate registration of all patients, including obtaining required demographic and financial information. The organization looks to the Patient Access teams to serve as gatekeepers and to protect patient rights as well as the financial integrity of the company. Portsmouth Regional Medical Center is a 209-bed HCA facility in the New Hampshire. This facility offers Medical, Surgical and Mental Health Services, including a 24-hour Emergency Care Unit and specialties: Oncology, Heart and Vascular, Neurosurgery, Orthopedic, and Behavioral. We believe excellent people make excellence happen. Be part of a team that puts the care and improvement of human life above all else.
Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application with HCA Healthcare today and find out what it truly means to BE A PART OF A TEAM.
We are committed to providing our colleagues with the support they need. We offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
* Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
* Moving, mortgage, and real estate assistance
* 100% matching 401k based on years of service
* Identity Theft Protection discounts
* Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
* Adoption Assistance
* Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. Come be a part of the change!
As a PATIENT FINANCIAL COUNSELOR, you will work directly in the facility providing unparalleled customer service to our patients. Our Patient Access Team is dedicated to exceptional customer service and to ENSURING QUALITY CARE can be delivered to our patients. IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
* Follow AIDET guidelines in all interactions with the patient
* Demonstrates excellent customer service
* In conjunction with the Medicaid Eligibility Staff visit all uninsured patients in-house
* Provide estimates to patients and/or physicians as requested
* Generate insurance verification and precertification reports daily and follow up with case management and insurance verification departments as appropriate
* Follows all guidelines set forth in the Cash Handling policy
* Utilizes eligibility systems, on-line websites or phone calls to determine insurance benefits and precertification requirements
* Assist patients with payment arrangements and in co-ordination with the Medicaid Eligibility Staff assists patient with financial applications
* Contact patient employer, if necessary, for verification of employment, premium status, babies being added to policies
* Escalates any concerns as needed to Patient Access Manager/Supervisor
* Enter pertinent insurance information into the HIS system (i.e. Meditech)
* Enters appropriate notes for all patient encounters
* Maintain professional image and implement excellent customer service to customers
* Complete financial analysis and collect estimated patient liabilities
* Follow up with patients for necessary signatures if they were incomplete at time of hospitalization
* Attends in-service presentations, and completes mandatory education, including but not limited to, infection control, patient safety, quality improvements, MSDS and OSHA standards
* Demonstrates knowledge of occurrence reporting system and utilizes system to report potential patient safety issues
High school diploma or GED Preferred.
One year of related experience required.
Parallon is an INDUSTRY LEADER in revenue cycle services. We partner with over 650 hospitals and 2,400 physician practices nation-wide. Our parent company, HCA Healthcare has been consistently named a WORLD'S MOST ETHICAL COMPANY by Ethisphere and is ranked in the Fortune 100. We are dedicated to ensuring our patients have the best experience even after they leave our facilities.
HCA Healthcare is dedicated to THE GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.