Patient Intake Rep-Family Medicine 5/2/2020
Hackensack Meridian Health
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
How have you impacted someone s life today* At Hackensack Meridian Health our team members are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care and coaching each and every day. Through the comprehensive care we provide, we are confident that you will be able to apply your skills while building your career within New Jerseys premier healthcare system.
The Patient Intake Rep position is responsible for providing a wide variety of activities including but not limited to: initiating patient intakes; scheduling appointments; performing insurance screening and verification/authorization processes; patient registration; handling a high volume of customer calls/inquiries; entering patient charges; responding to medical records requests and billing inquiries; preparing reports; maintenance of department records.
A day in the life of a Patient Intake Rep at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
* Communicates all pertinent information to patient/customer at initial and subsequent contacts.
* Answers incoming department calls within three rings. Fields department call volume: asks appropriate questions to screen calls, relays accurate information to caller, takes appropriate action.
* Monitors voicemail and initiates appropriate follow-up. Relays messages to staff per department guidelines.
* Obtain and document all pertinent information for scheduling intake to facilitate effective insurance verification, scheduling and registration processes.
* Verifies insurance on all new referrals and screens appropriately for department specific needs.
* Documents all interactions with insurance representatives, patients/customers and interested parties.
* Pursues, researches and relays any discrepancies to insurance company representatives, patients and appropriate supervisors.
* Compiles statistical information as needed per department needs. Prints daily scheduling reports. Forwards reports to referral sources documenting accurate information.
* Follows department procedures for initiating required authorizations for services and verifying receipt of authorizations.
* Updates, revises and enters all information in registration system. Obtains patient signatures on all registration paperwork.
* Schedules, re-schedules, coordinates and prioritizes scheduling of multiple service needs. Updates schedules per department guidelines.
* Advises patient/customer of department guidelines related to scheduling, registration, cancellations and late arrivals.
* High School Diploma or GED.
* Minimum of 1 year related work experience in a physician practice, hospital setting or directly related customer service setting.
* Good organizational skills; ability to set priorities effectively.
* Excellent communication, written and interpersonal skills; and ability to accept direction and perform multiple tasks.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Meridian Health is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action and will not discriminate in the recruitment or employment practices on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, veteran status and any other category protected by federal or state law.