Patient Registration Clerk 5/6/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY
* Position Summary
* The Patient Registration Clerk II provides initial patient contact, including intake of demographic and insurance data, information on patient privacy rights, consents and advanced directives. Enters all patient information into Epic for admission, outpatient and emergency services. After the completion of all required information the clerk is required to scan all documents into the electronic medical record using the documents table in Epic to scan too. Greets all patients entering facility while providing excellent customer services. Clerk is responsible for working daily work que's and assisting with quality checks as needed. Must be able to remain calm under stressful and emergency situations. Possesses a strong attention to detail. Will interact with a wide variety of patient and health care staff.
* Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
* Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
* License/Certifications: N/A
* Experience: One year's experience in Patient Registration or equivalent prior healthcare/office experience.
* Medical Terminology helpful. Keyboarding skills are required.
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to management, public groups, employees, customers and/or boards of directors.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.