Patient Safety Screener - PRN - Nights
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2020
END DATE 9/19/2020
Methodist Hospital Metropolitan
San Antonio, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONDESCRIPTION SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Nursing Support Department as part of the COVID-19 Disaster Relief Team. Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
We are seeking a PRN night shift (7pm - 7am) Patient Safety Screener (PSS) to participate in high quality, patient-centered care by operating a station designed to control access of individuals that present to facility access points. The Patient Safety Screener will work in collaboration with the patient care team to assist screening individuals to ensure the patient and staff environment is free of potential exposure to respiratory illnesses and infectious diseases. You will also provide guidance to patients and visitors on the appropriate pathways, following established protocols. You may also assist with directing patients, traffic, or monitoring in remote locations.
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
* You will monitor patients and other individuals entering the facility, driving into the facility parking lot, or using remote parking/waiting areas while maintaining physical presence at assigned entry point.
* You will ensure a safe patient and staff environment by screening all entrants according to established guidelines and utilize approved screening methods as appropriate to the situation, including verbal screening and temperature assessment.
* You will demonstrate excellent communication skills, including active listening while using compassionate connected care model with all patients, visitors, and the general public. You will also report any concerns with screening or entrant condition promptly to ensure physicians and colleagues have a clear understanding of all concerns.
* You will create clear, accurate documentation as stated in CDC and facility protocols while complying with principles of hand hygiene, aseptic, and sterile technique.
* You will demonstrate knowledge and respect of patient rights to privacy and protection of patient confidentiality.
* You will maintain a calm demeanor and a professional appearance while demonstrating behaviors consistent with established policies/procedures
* You will relay appropriate hand-off communication to appropriate nursing personnel or other personnel to ensure continuity of care and safe environment.
* You will promote consistent, positive patient interactions by demonstrating care and empathy in all interactions. You will also advocate for patient -and family-centered approach in all decisions and actions that will advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service.
* You will assist in the orientation of new staff as needed while seeking opportunities to improve processes. You will also be responsible for managing supplies and personal protective equipment as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS WHAT QUALIFICATIONS YOU WILL NEED:
* High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred
* Equivalent combination of education and/or experience
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
With over 370 beds Methodist Hospital Metropolitan offers outstanding heart and cancer care, general surgery, neurosurgery, orthopedic surgery, obstetrics and gynecology services, inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services, sleep disorder evaluation and the largest emergency room in downtown San Antonio. Our women s pavilion is the only stand-alone center city facility dedicated to the health of women and their newborn babies, welcoming nearly 4,000 newborns into the world each year. Methodist Hospital Metropolitan is home to the Methodist Weight Loss Center and has been designated an American Society for Metabolic Surgery Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence .
Our hospital has been recognized by Modern Healthcare as a Best Place to Work in Healthcare, and for the fourth consecutive year as a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation. It is the first hospital in San Antonio to achieve Pathway to Excellence designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Methodist Hospital Metropolitan has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog for focus on safety and quality, receiving a Grade A Hospital Safety Score for 8 consecutive rating periods. We are also proud to be an Accredited Chest Pain Center by the American College of Cardiology and Primary Stroke Center by the Joint Commission, as well as the first Texas hospital to earn a Gold Seal of Approval for Sepsis Certification. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital Metropolitan under Locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine. We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but everywhere. We re committed to improving more lives in more ways, and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.