Patient Service Representative - ECHA - Einstein Pennypack Pediatrics 8/9/2019
Einstein Healthcare Network
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Description
EINSTEIN NEIGHBORHOOD HEALTHCARE (ECHA) IS OUR PRIMARY CARE NETWORK PROVIDING CARE TO INDIVIDUALS OF ALL AGES, FROM INFANTS TO SENIOR CITIZENS. OUR NETWORK OF PHYSICIANS INCLUDES FAMILY PRACTICE DOCTORS, INTERNISTS, OBSTETRICIANS, GYNECOLOGISTS AND PEDIATRICIANS. OUR PRACTICE SITES ARE LOCATED THROUGHOUT NORTHWEST, NORTH AND NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA, EASTERN MONTGOMERY COUNTY AND LOWER BUCKS COUNTY. EINSTEIN HEALTHCARE NETWORK PROMOTES WELLNESS. RESEARCH HAS SHOWN THAT SMOKING IS DANGEROUS TO THE HEALTH OF SMOKERS AND TO OTHERS. EINSTEIN CAMPUSES ARE TOBACCO AND SMOKE FREE.
We are currently seeking a Patient Service Representative. This position would support our Pennypack office located in the Northeast section of Philadelphia, PA.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION INCLUDE:
* Enhancing patients/customers experience by providing clerical/technical support, in a manner consistent with the Code of Conduct, primarily working at the front desk of an outpatient medical office.
* Insurance verifications, referrals, providing patient demographic information, collecting co-pays, scheduling appointments, and preparing of daily deposits and insurance billing.
* Excellent prioritization, decision-making, multi-tasking skills are essential in this key position.
IF YOU POSSESS THE FOLLOWING, PLEASE APPLY:
* High school diploma or equivalent, plus one to two years related work-experience and the ability to work in a fast paced environment required.
* Exceptional Customer Service practices required.
* Knowledge of general office functions and procedures required.
* Proficient with ICD-9 codes, CPT coding, medical terminology and HIPAA regulations. required.
* Experience using computers in an office setting and the ability to verbally communicate information to staff and patients in a professional customer focused manner required.
* General typing (28 WPM) preferred
* Filing and reception skills, spelling, grammar and telephone etiquette skills required.
* Must take and pass a skills evaluation test as part of interview process is required.
* CPR certification through the American Heart Association preferred.
* Bi lingual speaker strongly preferred (Spanish, Portuguese, and/or Russian)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.