Patient Services Coordinator III, TeleHealth 12/12/2019
Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY GENERAL SUMMARY
The Center for TeleHealth (CTH) seeks to enable more personal, more affordable, and more efficient ways of giving care that unleashes the expertise and creativity of our providers at the times and places best suited to their needs. Through its telehealth programs, the CTH facilitates real time video-based interactions for patients locally, nationally and internationally.
Reporting directly to the Director of Virtual Visits but working under the day to day supervision of the Virtual Visits Project Manager, the TeleHealth Patient Service Coordinator supports the Virtual Visit program across a number of clinical departments. For these programs, the coordinator is responsible for all the administrative tasks involved in enrolling patients and providers in the Virtual Visit program.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
Registration/Enrollment and Patient Support
* Explain system/process to patients, field all patient enrollment questions
* Enroll patients in relevant videoconferencing software and send welcome messages
* Schedule and complete video test calls with patients
* Communicate with clinician and individual front desk staff on patient status before virtual visits
* Serve as first point of contact for technical trouble shooting
* Update and manage patient tracking sheet
* Update and manage staff and patient training documents
* Update and maintain patient registration materials
* Monitor and follow-up with unresponsive patients to help boost participation
* Coordinate with individual front desk staff and serve as point person for video visit related questions
* Track data including weekly registration, volume and usage stats, and patient data
* Gather weekly report of visit data for satisfaction surveys
* Attend regular operational and technology meetings
Physician and Staff Support
* Train doctors and support staff on system software
* Coordinate trainings and other meetings, as needed
* Triage technical/usage issues
* Gather feedback
* Coordinate with all teams within the Center for TeleHealth on process improvement projects
* Identifies opportunities increased efficiency in the Virtual Visit patient-onboarding process
* Represent the Center for TeleHealth in meetings with clinical departments, with support from supervisors, as well as individually with clinical department Patient Service Coordinators (PSCs) in a support capacity
* Act as patient interaction and department PSC subject matter expert for the Center for TeleHealth
Other tasks as assigned.
Given the rapid growth of the TeleHealth program, it is important that the coordinator be flexible and willing to accommodate the changing needs of this role.
* Excellent customer-service skills
* Detailed-oriented, strong organizational skills and ability to work independently
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, Ability to interact effectively with staff, clinicians, and patients using both written and oral communication
* Maintain patient confidentiality at all times
* Be able to multi-task and prioritize time-sensitive tasks
* Ability to work independently and problem solve, seeking supervisory assistance when appropriate
* Capable of thriving in a fast-paced environment
* Have a proactive approach to work and a can-do attitude
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Windows, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
* Be comfortable with videoconferencing software and proficient in basic computer settings (volume controls, webcams, etc
Bachelors Degree required.
1 years related experience required, customer service experience strongly preferred.
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.