Payroll Lead 6/4/2020
Golden Key Group
New Carrollton, MD
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY With a passion for excellence, Golden Key Group (GKG) helps clients solve their strategic, organizational and operational challenges to better meet their mission demands. We have serviced more than 25 Federal departments and agencies and several large commercial companies since our inception in 2002.
Golden Key Group's talented professionals, combined with our strategic partners, bring a depth of commercial and government experience and expertise. We are relentless in delivering the highest levels of services to provide tangible value and create sustainable results for our clients.
Position: Payroll Lead
Job Summary: The Payroll Lead applies their broad management skills and specialized functional and technical expertise to lead complex, large projects in delivering client solutions or to manage client operations. The Payroll Lead provides subject matter expertise in Federal Payroll, Calculations, Compensation, and processing.
* Plan, manage, and monitor the work;
* Coordinate team activities;
* Administer quality control and process improvement activities;
* Support the continuous improvement of Payroll business processes;
* Oversee Employee Life Cycle of Federal Payroll and Compensation process;
* Manage client communications and interactions
* 10+ years of Federal Compensation experience
* Experience in performing audits and resolving payroll problems such as those involving leave balance errors, alimony/child support/bankruptcy payments, waivers for employees, wage garnishment orders, processing debts owed to the agency, retroactive pay adjustments, back pay awards and settlements
* Knowledge of complex Federal payroll and leave administration
* Knowledge of complex Federal time and attendance
* Payroll error resolution for payroll or benefit
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Experience providing supervisory functions
* Strong leadership and mentoring skills
* Attention to detail
* Bachelor's degree
* Federal payroll, leave administration
* Shared services experience
* PeopleSoft HCM
* Experience with Federal HR systems such as HRConnect, NFC, webTA, and eOPF
Place of Performance: New Carrollton, MD 20784
EEO and Affirmative Action Policy: Golden Key Group (GKG) is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is the policy of GKG to provide equal employment opportunity in accordance with all applicable Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action laws, directives and regulations to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under Federal, State or Local laws.
Pay Transparency Policy: In accordance with Presidential Executive Order 13665, Golden Key Group (GKG) will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Authorization to Share Resume and Personal Information: By expressing your interest and submitting your resume for this position, you authorize Golden Key Group (GKG) to share your resume, as well as personal information included on the resume, with its subsidiaries, affiliates and teaming partners for the purpose of considering you for this position and other available positions requiring comparable skills, education and experience. Should GKG or its affiliates and teaming partners wish to initiate pre-employment discussions, you will be asked to complete an employment application and related employment documents..