Payroll Specialist 8/21/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY WHY BADGER METER?
ARE YOU LOOKING TO JOIN A DYNAMIC TEAM WHERE YOU HAVE THE AUTONOMY AND CHALLENGE THAT LETS YOU LEARN AND GROW YOUR CAREER? ARE YOU ENERGIZED WHEN YOU KNOW THAT YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS MATTER AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN BUSINESS SUCCESS? IF YES, THEN BADGER METER MAY BE A GREAT PLACE FOR YOU!
FOR MORE THAN 110 YEARS, BADGER METER HAS PROVIDED STRONG, STABLE FINANCIAL GROWTH, IN TURN PROVIDING EMPLOYEES WITH THE OPPORTUNITY TO BUILD LONG, SUCCESSFUL CAREERS. AS A LEADING MANUFACTURER OF FLOW MEASUREMENT TECHNOLOGY, BADGER METER OFFERS MANY OPPORTUNITIES TO MEASURE WHAT MATTERS IN PROTECTING THE WORLD S WATER AND OTHER PRECIOUS RESOURCES. OUR COMPANY IS LARGE ENOUGH TO CONTINUALLY DRIVE MARKET INNOVATION, ALL WHILE WE MAINTAIN A COLLABORATIVE AND FLEXIBLE WORKING ATMOSPHERE.
WHAT YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE:
Badger Meter is hiring a Payroll Specialist at our Headquarters in Milwaukee, WI. The Payroll Specialist will be responsible for independently performing the full range of processing payrolls using Workday for both union and non-union, time and attendance, leaves and record keeping along with many other responsibilities to keep you engaged and grow your knowledge along the way.
* Review timesheets, attendance records and correct inaccuracies
* Ensure complete pay information is properly recorded and accurately calculated for each payroll cycle.
* Process weekly union payroll and semi-monthly (15th and last day of month) payrolls for employees in United States
* Ensure all other voluntary and involuntary deductions are taken and accounted for throughout the payroll lifecycle including benefits, 401k, flexible spending, HSA, garnishments, etc.
* Work closely with Payroll Manager, Benefits Administrator and HR Business Partners for all payroll processes
* Maintain payroll records and accumulate data for statistical reports
* Assist in processing W-2 s
* Provide payroll reports and other information as needed/requested
* Respond to inquiries relating to payroll, time and attendance and leaves
* Review payroll audit reports to identify potential discrepancies, work closely with Payroll Manager and Accounting to ensure balances are correct
* Analyze and research problem resolution and administration of payroll processes, including payroll accounting, account reconciliation, tax reporting/payments, time and attendance, garnishment processing, leaves and W-2 processing
* Assist with completion of forms and/or documentation required by various regulatory agencies including wage loss claims, verification of employment, and records relating to assignment of wages, tax garnishments, FMLA and short term disability
* Recommend, document, develop and implement changes to processes, procedures, and workflows leading to a greater efficiency and accuracy throughout the US payroll
* Assist with preparation of Federal and State tax documentation
* Assist in new hire orientation for payroll, 401k and time and attendance
* 3+ years of payroll processing experience
* Intermediate computer/technical skills in MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Excel, Pivot Tables, Microsoft Teams
* High level of confidentiality required
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
* Strong organizational, interpersonal and communications skills
* Knowledge of payroll tax, policies, procedures, regulations and systems for payroll/tax reporting preferred
* Customer-focused, self-driven, results-oriented individual with an emphasis on quality, detail and accuracy
* CPP or FPC Certification preferred
* Associate s degree a plus
* Knowledge of Workday preferred
Equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Applicants can learn more about their rights regarding equal opportunity in employment by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster and the EEO is the Law poster supplement at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Badger Meter is an equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.