Payroll Tax Coordinator 8/19/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Payroll Tax Coordinator
EmployBridge has been engaged by Bravo AZ to recruit for a Payroll Tax Coordinator. This position will be based in Dallas, TX and is primarily responsible for the timely and accurate reporting of periodic, quarterly and annual payroll tax data to the tax agencies.
This position is responsible for the timely and accurate reporting of periodic, quarterly and annual payroll tax data to the tax agencies by performing the essential duties listed below.
* Periodic, monthly, quarterly and annual remittance of tax extract information
* Daily, monthly, quarterly and annual reconciliation at summary and employee level
* Preparation of periodic, monthly, quarterly, annual, amendment or correction reporting (BLS, unsupported filings and W2Cs)
* Federal/State IT/State UI/Local payroll tax account setup and maintenance with agencies, in payroll and tax engine platforms and with vendors
* Tax notice research, resolution, and reporting via tax issue log
* Internal partner reporting (funding, GL, audit)
* Address tax inquiries and requests received via case management system
* Employee tax record maintenance and corrections (lock in letters and adjustments)
* Special projects and research
* Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
* Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
* Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
* Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
* Organizational - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
* Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
* Attendance/Punctuality - Consistently at work and on time.
* Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
* Initiative - Volunteers readily; Seeks increased responsibilities; Asks for and offers help when needed
* Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
* Professionalism - Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position
* Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Applies feedback to improve performance.
* Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
* Associates Degree - Accounting, Finance or Business; equivalent work experience
* 3 years related experience in multi-state, multi-FEIN payroll tax administration required
* Experience engaging with federal, state, territory and local tax agencies for POA requirements, reporting/payment requirements and changes, notice resolution, and penalty abatement
* 2 years related experience with 50,000+ Employees, multi-frequency payrolls, W2C processing and management reporting of tax activity
* Proficiency in federal, state, territory, local payroll tax and reporting requirements,
* Ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks and set expectations for internal partners with competing priorities, in a fast-paced, deadline-driven organization
* Intermediate skills in MS Excel to include V-Lookup, Pivot Tables, Macros
* Proficiency with Excel, and Lawson preferred
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Proficient analytical and problem-solving abilities
* Proficient research and problem-solving ability.
EmployBridge is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.