PCT - Patient Care Technician - Med Surg Unit
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2020
END DATE 9/17/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONWE ARE HIRING
PCT - Patient Care Technician - Nursing Med Surg Units - Full-Time, Nights (12 hour shifts with weekend and holiday requirements) - AMITA Health St Francis Hospital - Evanston, IL
This role is eligible for a $1,500 sign-on bonus, provided you successfully complete all pre-employment requirements subject to the terms and conditions of the offer. Former associates of six months or less are not eligible.
WHY JOIN AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As an associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity to perform basic clinical and non-clinical patient care activities under supervision.
* Aid with movement and placement of patients.
* Assist patients with tending to personal care and activities of daily living.
* Report findings or changes in physical, mental and emotional conditions to nursing staff.
* Document necessary records.
* Keep patient rooms clean, orderly, and maintains medical equipment.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
* Required Credential(s):
* BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
* One or more of the following:
* Emergency Medical Tech credentialed from the Illinois Board Of Division of Emergency Medical Services and Highway Safety obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Intermediate or Advanced also acceptable.
* Practical/Vocational Nurse credentialed from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
* Nurse Aide credentialed from the Illinois Department of Public Health obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Nursing student who has completed on semester of medical surgical nursing is also acceptable.
* High school diploma or GED required
* None required.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.