Peer Support Specialist / Wellness & Recovery Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2020
END DATE 9/27/2020
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONPRIMARY DUTIES
mayinclude, but are not limited to: * Teach and role model the value of the member s recovery experience.
* Models effective coping techniques and self-help strategies.
* Serve as a recovery agent by providing and advocating for recovery based services to assist the member in daily living.
* Identify opportunities for engagement of members in forming a supportive, peer recovery network.
* Assist members in working with their case manager or treatment team in determining the steps he/she needs to take in order to achieve these goals and self-directed recovery.
* Assist members in setting up and sustaining self-help (mutual support) groups, as well as means of locating and joining existing groups.
* Initiates and maintains contact with assigned members to determine members engagement and response to services.
* Assist members understand Peer Recovery resources available within the local community.
* Assist members to identify recovery resources, supports, remove barriers and facilitate connections in local community
* Collaborates with interdisciplinary teams as a member advocate in discharge planning education, resolution of barriers, and service transitions.
* Acts as a resource for staff on decision making and problem solving as it relates to the peer role.
* Utilize tools such as the Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP) to assist clients in creating their own individual wellness and recovery plans.
* Assist clients in developing empowerment skills and combating stigma through self-advocacy
* THIS POSITION REQUIRES YOU TO HAVE A PEER SUPPORT CERTIFICATION AT TIME OF APPLICATION.
QUALIFICATIONS Requirements: * Must be located in the areawith the ability to be field based and travel up to 75%.
* Associates degree; 2years of experience in health services or behavioral health field or in a peersupport services role; or any combination of education and experience, whichwould provide an equivalent background.
* Peer SpecialistCertification required.
* One year experienceworking as a Peer Support Specialist, after received certification.
* Experience working withcomputers toggling back and forth through multiple screens.
* Experience withresearching resources
* Knowledge of theRecovery process and the ability to facilitate recovery using establishedstandardized mental health processes.
* Knowledge and skill toteach and engage in basic problem solving strategies to support individualclients in self-directed recovery.
* Knowledge of the signsand symptoms of mental illness & substance use disorders.
* Knowledge and skillsufficient to use community resources necessary for independent living andability to teach those skills to other individuals with severe mental illness.
* Knowledge of how toestablish and sustain self-help (mutual support) and educational groups bysoliciting input from the mental health consumers on their strengths andinterests.
* A valid driver s license
2 year experience working as a Peer Support Specialist, aftercertification received
Knowledge of care-coordination and case management concepts
Telephonic and field based customer service