Per Diem Occupational Medicine Physician 5/22/2020
Yale New Haven Health
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
Physician - Occupational Medicine and Wellness Services at Yale New Haven Health Bridgeport Hospital.
The per diem physician will provide direction and oversight to Occupational Health Services personnel in furtherance of our mission to deliver quality occupational health services to Bridgeport Hospital employees and employees of private clients. The physician will also provide and oversee medical care and ensures that care provided meets the standards of care. Reviews charts related to Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner Care.
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
* Responsibilities will include:
Works under the supervision of the Lead Physician and/or Regional Medical Director of Occupational Medicine and Wellness Services to perform pre-placement and periodic surveillance examinations on patients:
* Collects complete medical history performs thorough pre-placement and periodic work related physical examinations, and records results clearly in medical record.
* Orders, reviews and interprets results of ancillary testing (blood tests, xray, PFT's, EKG's etc.).
* Consolidates all data and compares to physical demands of position to make appointment placement decision.
* Involves supervisory physician as appropriate, following State of Connecticut proactive regulations.
* Works under the supervision of the Lead Physician and/or Regional Medical Director of the department, to evaluate employees with work related injuries, illnesses or exposures, and urgent care needs of patients:
* Gathers complete history of injury, illness, or exposure and performs appropriate physical examination on patients.
* Demonstrates appropriate use of diagnostic tests; orders and performs interprets X-rays, blood tests, EKG's etc.
* Demonstrates appropriate and timely involvement of supervising physician following State of Connecticut proactive regulations.
* Develops and implements appropriate immediate care and follow-up, and in the case of Injured Workers, develops the treatment plan including appropriate and timely use of physical therapy and specialists.
* Documents information completely and accurately in progress note, dictation and discharge reports.
* Performs routine procedures as needed; foreign body removal, suturing, splinting, wound care, etc.
* Prescribes appropriate medication.
* Works collaboratively with co-workers and other health care professionals to ensure a high standard of patient care and efficient clinic operations:
* Develops and uses effective working relationships with patients including, co-workers, employers, and specialist to allow for appropriate coordination of patient care.
* Communicates clearly and appropriately, in writing and/or verbally, the employees' treatment plan, work capabilities, progress and prognosis to client company.
* Exercises customer service skills in meeting the needs of the patients and families, and in the case of the injured worker, is attuned to the needs of the employer and employee, promoting patients and customer satisfaction.
* Prioritizes activities and adjusts workload to facilitate overall clinic efficiency.
* Takes responsibility for responding to schedule requests promptly; remains flexible in resolution of staffing conflicts.
* Identifies problems or potential problems and accesses appropriate resources to assist in resolution.
MD degree from an accredited School of Medicine, Board Certification in Occupational Medicine, Internal Medicine or Family Medicine (non OM certified physicians must demonstrate experience and expertise in Occupational Medicine).
Active Connecticut License and DEA license
* One to three years of patient care experience in ambulatory, emergency, orthopedics, or occupational medicine preferred.
* NRCME-certified to perform commercial driver examinations ( or willing to obtain within 3 months)
* MRO Certification, Certificate of Travel Health (CTH) from ISTM preferable.
Familiarity with regulations regarding Workers Compensation, ADA, federal and state worker health and safety regulations, OSHA ,CDC, JCAHO requirements/recommendations pertaining to healthcare workers, administrative skills, knowledge of and interactions with safety, industrial hygiene, infection control, toxicology, preventive and clinical medicine. Understanding of employer needs and how this effects management of ill/injured workers. Effective communication and motivational skills, understanding of ergonomics, rehabilitation for return to work. Ability to create and deliver educational presentations.
Clean, safe, pleasant work environment. Moderate amount of typing, some bending, stooping, and walking. Moderate amount of stress related to attending to clinical and administrative problems.
The Physician will provide rotating clinical coverage of Occupational Medicine clinics across offices, including Bridgeport Hospital and Milford Campus. Work schedule is Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm or 8:30am-5:00pm.