Per Diem Outpatient Pharmacist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 4/2/2020
END DATE 4/21/2020
University of California - Los Angeles Medical Centers
Los Angeles, CA
Under supervision of the Senior Pharmacy Supervisor, the outpatient pharmacist/Discharge/Specialty pharmacist performs a range of functions that include the preparation andndispensing of drugs in the outpatient setting; maintenance and review ofnpatient medication profiles; counseling patients on appropriate drug use;nreviewing medication orders and patients medical record as well as interactingnwith other health professionals to help prevent inappropriate or misuse ofnmedications.
The outpatient pharmacist helps the pharmacy manager lead the team andnensure a smooth and efficient operation.
Job duties also include performing specialty pharmacy clinicalninterventions, promoting adherence, assisting with prior authorization, meds tonbeds, SAR, TAR processes as well as helping patients with financial assistanceQualifications
Pharm.nD degree, required.
2) Valid California Pharmacist license, required.
3) Specialty pharmacy experience, highly desired.
4) Meds to beds experience, highly desired.
5) Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationshipsnwith coworkers and professional staff.
6) Ability to set priorities which accurately reflect the relativenimportance of job responsibilities.
7) Ability to work independently and follow-through on assignments withnminimal supervision.
8) Ability to effectively communicate orally on a one-to-one basis usingnappropriate vocabulary and grammar tonobtain ninformation, explain policies and procedures, and to persuade others to adopt anspecific opinion or action.
9) Knowledge of and ability to perform age specific and disease specificnpharmacokinetic calculations.
10) Knowledge of Specialty drugs and disease states.
11) Ability to evaluate and resolve staffing needs.
12) Knowledge of state and federal regulations relating to the practice ofnpharmacy.
13) Ability to review and assess the appropriateness of prescriptions withnrespect to age specific, disease statenspecific nconsiderations.
14) Ability to lead the team and manage the workload efficiently.
15) Current experience in an outpatient pharmacy setting, required.
16) Ability to perform all tasks in an outpatient and specialty pharmacynsetting.
17) Ability to help the Pharmacy Supervisor lead the team, set expectations.
18) Ability to engage with the patients, promote adherence and treat them withnempathy and compassion.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.