This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 2/15/2020
END DATE 2/27/2020
HCA Houston Healthcare Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONDESCRIPTION SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a PHARMACIST to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
HCA HOUSTON HEALTHCARE MEDICAL CENTER - HOUSTON, TX
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
This position provides for the procurement, dispensing, monitoring effects of controlling and evaluating drug therapy as well as providing ongoing supervision of non-licensed persons.
* The employee proactively works toward and achieves goals set in the previous evaluation period. Regularly communicates with manager to update him or her on progress or express needs for assistance.
* Assumes duties of pharmacy technicians in their absence.
* Observe and approve IV admixtures procedures and other preparations which technicians compound.
* Supervise pharmacy technicians in the performance of their duties.
* Attend Code Blues
* Enters drug orders into the computer system without error.
* Troubleshoot equipment/computer problems in the absence of the technician supervisor.
* Perform quality monitoring functions as requested.
* Obtain out-of-stock drugs or non-formulary drugs in accordance with policies in the absence of the purchasing agent.
* Appropriately label and dispense medication in a timely manner.
* Restock crash carts in a timely manner .
* Check medication trays/boxes (i.e. anesthesia trays, L&D boxes.
* Approve and check re-packaged items.
* Attend staff/hospital meetings as mandated.
* Follow-up on any problem orders posted.
* Dispense controlled substance in the absence of the narcotic technician & pharmacy supervisor.
* Update and transmit TPN orders to compass CAPS.
* Perform MAR reconciliation.
* Adheres to attendance policy.
* Accurately reports hours worked.
* Identifies opportunities to reduce waste and avoid unnecessary cost.
* Report non formulary drug status to physician when appropriate and informs physician of formulary alternatives.
* Maintains \\"short book \\" for purchasing.
* Communicates to the nurse or practitioner any precautions necessary in the safe use of a drug.
* Reacts positively to changes in the workplace (to both increase or decrease the demands for services).
* Encourages effective communication between pharmacy and other departments.
* Provide printed drug information when requested.
* Communicates efficiently with co-workers, gives and receives change of shift reports
* Respond timely and appropriately to drug information questions
* Identify drug incompatibilities, duplication in therapies and report these to the practitioner.
* Provide in-services/education to patients, nurses, physicians and other pharmacists as needed.
* Review and maintain patient profiles for diagnosis, allergies, age and weight information.
* Ensure appropriate dosing for patient age/wt.
* Recommend IV to PO conversations when appropriate.
* Document minimum of 5 clinical interventions weekly.
* Document through order entry identification of 2 ADRs /per month
* Monitor ASO's and follow up with physicians.
* Minimum of one (1) years experience in hospital pharmacy preferred.
* Experience in I.V. admixture and unit dose drug distribution system required.
* Experience with computerized pharmacy systems required.
* Bachelor of Science Degree in Pharmacy, or Pharm. D. Degree from an accredited College Pharmacy required.
* Currently licensed to practice Pharmacy in the State of Texas through the Texas State Board of Pharmacy and be in good standing with the Board of Pharmacy.
* Educational requirements appropriate for meeting age-specific needs of pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
* ACPE IV certification, training and continuing education.
HCA HOUSTON HEALTHCARE MEDICAL CENTER is a 444-BED acute care hospital in the heart of Houston's museum district. Established in 1975, the hospital has been serving Houston for more than 40 years. It provides a wide range of medical services, including cardiology, bariatrics, orthopedics, neurology, emergency care and more.
The hospital is affiliated with HCA HOUSTON HEALTHCARE, part of the HCA HEALTHCARE GULF COAST DIVISION. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
HEALTHCARE CORPORATION OF AMERICA (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER's, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health's top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.